Surgeons and helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Statistically more people die not wearing a helmet...

Mortality-rates-big-graph-001.jpg
Speaking as someone with a chest load of clotted blood vessels and a potentially dicky ticker ... I'm not right keen on the purple blobs in the top left section of that diagram! :eek:

Speaking as someone with a chest load of clotted blood vessels and a potentially dicky ticker ... I'm not right keen on the purple blobs in the top left section of that diagram! :eek:

Sorry!

avalon

Guru
I more or less recounted all of the above in a previous thread about helmets when I joined last August. I never said that I thought that everyone should be forced to wear one. I merely put forward my opinion that I thought that wearing one in my case probably saved me from sustaining a more serious head injury. I was then accused by some of "ranting" shoving my opinions down people's throats and claiming that my helmet "saved my life". I then realised that this is one the many subjects that really polarise some people on these forums, something I find quite bizarre.
I got a similar reaction on an Australian forum when I commented on my approval of a cyclist I had seen not wearing a helmet (helmets are compulsory in Australia). A lot of people get very angry at anyone who does not want to wear one, almost to the point at which they are wishing you would get your head caved in as punishment for your opinion. Even the moderators were not happy about the subject being discussed again and put a stop to it. People get incredibly uptight about the rules down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom