Surley someone on hear can beat this????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Big deal. My uncle is nearly 72 and he commutes 23 miles to and from work, even tho he should be retired. He is a lumberjack and hes OK. Even after coming home he then proceeds to do weight training 3 evenings a week. Twice a year he will go abroad to take part in bull fighting and bear knuckle bear wrestling while standing on one leg. Not bad considering he is blind.:tongue:

Softie

I commute 132 miles to work every day and come home for my lunch on a unicycle with a flat tyre and no saddle on cobbled roads with only my haemorrhoids for suspension. I was born with my knees on upside down so can only pedal backwards and as a Blacksmith who's anvil has developed separation anxiety I have to tow it to and from work with me in a trailer which has the brakes siezed on and what's more I work from home.

I bet if I tell Cycling Weekly that they won't believe me. Bah.

Softie

I commute 132 miles to work every day and come home for my lunch on a unicycle with a flat tyre and no saddle on cobbled roads with only my haemorrhoids for suspension. I was born with my knees on upside down so can only pedal backwards and as a Blacksmith who's anvil has developed separation anxiety I have to tow it to and from work with me in a trailer which has the brakes siezed on and what's more I work from home.

I bet if I tell Cycling Weekly that they won't believe me. Bah.

Wow thats tough. Did you ever manage to fix the puncture?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
My commute is 32 miles or more round trip depending on my route, by shifts restrict the amount of commutes I do. Don't like to cycle in if I'm starting before 6am or finishing after 10pm, lightweight I know :blush: But about 7 or 8 years ago I was cycling home & met an old guy cycling home from Hull. We worked on the docks & was due to retire a month or so after, he'd cycled every day to & from work for over 12 months :ohmy: 32+ miles each day when your 64, utmost respect!!

Huddersfield Star Wheelers had a member in the Yorkshire Post a few years ago, whose commute was over the Pennines (Huddersfield to eastern fringes of Manchester), & for some reason, 35 miles each way, seems to ring a memory bell
Plus, it incorporated a heck of a lot of climbing

He did it all year round, just so long as the snow wasn't silly, ie; if the road was closed to vehicles, it was to him too

Roxy641

The most I've ever done is 7 miles to work and 7 miles returning back home. So, 14 miles a day, 5 days a week = 70 hours a week. But that was back in the late 1990's.

Huddersfield Star Wheelers had a member in the Yorkshire Post a few years ago, whose commute was over the Pennines (Huddersfield to eastern fringes of Manchester), & for some reason, 35 miles each way, seems to ring a memory bell
Plus, it incorporated a heck of a lot of climbing

He did it all year round, just so long as the snow wasn't silly, ie; if the road was closed to vehicles, it was to him too

That's pretty impressive for those parts.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
My current commute is 7/10ths of a mile. I don't bother getting the lycra on, but I do wear a helmet, and have avoided a nasty head injury twice as a result.

I have two maybe three commutes (not work related though) a week and potter around the rest of the time and even at that in 15 years I would cover 70,000+ (though the last year or rather Aug to April was a bit dire distance wise)

Top Bottom