Suspension bike for beginner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

magpie999

Hi guys,

I am looking to purchase a front suspension bike and with almost no knowledge of the market and brands, have come here for help!

I am awaiting an operation for a ruptured ACL in mid september (sustained playing football) and have found that cycling is a good way to keep my general fitness up and explore the outside. I am currently using my dads old bike but would like to purchase myself a suspension bike to aid my rehabilitation after the op.

I probably wouldnt want to spend over £200 which I understand may be a little low but hopefully there will be something out there for me!

I am 6'5. Any help and guidance in pointing me in the right direction or any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

sabian92

Über Member
What would you be using it for, trails or on the road?

200 is probably better spent 2nd hand - you'll get a load more for your money.

OP
OP
M

magpie999

Mostly for trails as there is quite a bit of woodland near to me which have good routes that I use at the minute

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Decathlon if you go new have survived a battering in reviews, or has been said secondhand, gt or specialized generally make good bikes and you should be able to get one for 200 quid.

Top Bottom