Swearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Maybe time to move onto Shakespeare

Thou clay-brained guts, thou knotty-pated fool, thou whoreson obscene greasy tallow-catch!”​

I prefer Poggio Bracciolini

You stinking billy-goat, you horned monster, you malevolent vituperator, father of lies and author of chaos… May Divine vengeance destroy you as an enemy of virtue, a parricide who tries to ruin wives and decency by mendacity, slanders, and most foul, false imputations. If you must be so scornfully arrogant, write your satires against those who debauch your wife. Vomit the putrescence of your stomach

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
As to hearing it in real life, I mark the user down as of limited vocabulary and try to avoid as much as possible.

Swearers use more of the available vocabulary than non-swearers. Fact.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I just cant beleive how many people have taken offence about a post in site support about swearing. Its weird to say the least…..maybe thats modern society for you.

AndyRM

XOXO
I just cant beleive how many people have taken offence about a post in site support about swearing. Its weird to say the least…..maybe thats modern society for you.

I don't think anyone has, to be honest. You brought it up, you've been proven wrong and now the miserable plane you are in is getting shot down.

You swear, and you're happy to do so. Grow up and stop trying to moderate these sites.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I don't think anyone has, to be honest. You brought it up, you've been proven wrong and now the miserable plane you are in is getting shot down.

You swear, and you're happy to do so. Grow up and stop trying to moderate these sites.

Proven wrong??? The mods agreed with me and removed posts with swearing in them. I didn't or haven't moderated anyone…

i swear, yes i do….but not on this forum. But if i have in the past, i would be rightly moderated for doing so.

AndyRM

XOXO
Proven wrong??? The mods agreed with me and removed posts with swearing in them. I didn't or haven't moderated anyone…

i swear, yes i do….but not on this forum. But if i have in the past, i would be rightly moderated for doing so.

Like I said, grow up. I'd be more insulting, but all that would happen is you'd report me, because you're incapable of engaging in adult discourse.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Like I said, grow up. I'd be more insulting, but all that would happen is you'd report me, because you're incapable of engaging in adult discourse.

Insulting someone isnt engaging in adult discourse….

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Dogs shitting: update.
The young Bedlington has walked round The Big Curler, but that didn't induce her to any movements. She's thinking about going back to sleep, and squeezing out something in small lumps around six-ish.
So, I'm calling it a photo finish.
Now, can't we all just leave this lad in the sandpit with his Mod-a-Blocs, and move on?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I haven't seen any evidence of anybody taking offence.

Maybe you need to read the whole thread….i mean if no ones taken offence by it, why so many posts within the thread??? I mean even the post above yours a member has taken offence and posted offensive comments.

But hey we can all turn a blind eye right???

im guessing ive probably been reported a few times now and give it a few hours and i’ll have some sort of warning or ban i expect and everyone else will just carry on.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Maybe you need to read the whole thread….i mean if no ones taken offence by it, why so many posts within the thread??? I mean even the post above yours a member has taken offence and posted offensive comments.

But hey we can all turn a blind eye right???

im guessing ive probably been reported a few times now and give it a few hours and i’ll have some sort of warning or ban i expect and everyone else will just carry on.

Why didn’t you just ask for the thread to be closed after you got your answer from the mods then?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Why didn’t you just ask for the thread to be closed after you got your answer from the mods then?

To be honest i thought they would have done that themselves, but obvs not…..as it was in site support and they had answered my original question.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Where is the original question as there wasn’t one in the OP?

So some one saying “what is it with all the swearing here lately” isnt a question??? Or is it because i forgot to put a question mark after it??? Or maybe its a statement i dont know, but the mods knew what i meant and to be honest, you did too….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom