Swearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Does this mean I can't use "feck" anymore? :ohmy:
It's a part of my feckin' heritage! ^_^

By the by I was once greeted on my arrival in Scotland off the ferry (on the bike) with a wild head out a car window and " ya mad ******* daffodil".

I felt very welcome :becool:

Language, good, bad, vulgar or proper depends so much on tone and context that attempting to police such things requires a level of patience and understanding of nuance that would scramble my brain.

There are rules and swear filters. And a report button. What else needs to be discussed?
You're Irish though, and it is an Irish word.

classic33

Leg End Member
but you said the forum is english...so which is it??
The word is Irish, the site language is English.

You have a screenshot of a post made by me saying that the forum is English?
Doubt it, which will mean you are wrong.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Why are you determined to moderate both this and NCAP? Message Shaun with your grievances, ask to be a moderator. That would be just wonderful for everyone.

Report me a few more times while you're at it, because you can't deal with things like an adult.

im not moderating either, yet again, asking a question within the site support section, isn't moderating....but ref: NCAP here again is, but some just cant help themselves

OP
OP
J

jowwy

The word is Irish, the site language is English.

You have a screenshot of a post made by me saying that the forum is English?
Doubt it, which will mean you are wrong.

so your ok for an irish person, to use an irish word on a English language Forum??

classic33

Leg End Member
so your ok for an irish person, to use an irish word on a English language Forum??
It's why it doesn't get caught by the swear filter.
And, as you've already alluded to there are a number of Irish posters using Irish on here, would you want their posts removing?

Awaiting the screenshot, still.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
My older terrier, busy in the kennel till now with a square of carpet tile he's taken to ragging about, has just curled out a nice one. Having videoed the event, i am now comparing that to this thread. I'm still not sure, but I think this thread is just nudging ahead still.
No. I will keep everyone posted if things change.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Reminds of the old joke about the bloke who doesnโ€™t swear, drink or smoke who then goes on to say โ€œbloody hell, Iโ€™ve left my fags in the pubโ€.

im two of the 3....but again, i have never stated i dont swear or have never swore

OP
OP
J

jowwy

It's why it doesn't get caught by the swear filter.
And, as you've already alluded to there are a number of Irish posters using Irish on here, would you want their posts removing?

Awaiting the screenshot, still.

i asked you the same question earlier, but you didnt reply

OP
OP
J

jowwy

and before anyone says " you can start an argument in an empty phone box" i never started the argument. I just asked a question to the mods, to which they replied to a long time ago

All uphill

Still rolling along
i never said it was offensive, dont put words into my mouth....i stated "this is a family friendly forum" and rules are there to be obeyed, when you sign up to said forum.

I didnt make the rules, the owner did, im just asking the members (Via site support) who agree on sign up to obey them. Dont like it, hand in your membership.

Isn't there something in the rules about backseat moderation, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom