Swearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Simple, as already given by myself.
You typed, and used, an Irish word, the site language is English.

ah here we go again.....its not a swear word, stop asking the same question over and over and over and over again. you will just get the same response

im pretty sure we have some irish members that have used irish words as part of their thread responses......do we have them all removed just to satisfy you??? im guessing not.

Again - i didnt swear.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Maybe what people should be asking is why your so offended by the fact someone asked about swearing within the site support section of the forum??

@classic33

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I'm not perfect, I'm sure I have occasionally sworn in written posts, but certainly very infrequently.

Sorry, misunderstanding, post was directed at Jowwy, who claims to agree that written work should not include swearing, yet his own oeuvre is notably foul-mouthed (or foul-keyed perhaps?) in that respect.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Sorry, misunderstanding, post was directed at Jowwy, who claims to agree that written work should not include swearing, yet his own oeuvre is notably foul-mouthed (or foul-keyed perhaps?) in that respect.

Where have i been foul mouthed on this forum???

classic33

Leg End Member
Maybe what people should be asking is why your so offended by the fact someone asked about swearing within the site support section of the forum??

@classic33
Just that someone who swears he doesn't swear does, and says that he doesn't like others doing what he does.

As for the language, the filter is there picking out English words. Even as a five year old, I knew that it was swearing albeit in another language. Maybe that comes from hearing my Irish family and relatives, along with their friends using it.

roubaixtuesday

Where have i been foul mouthed on this forum???

I the post did not mention the location, but the principle.

Do you in fact agree that

"But written posts (or other writing) takes more thought and time, and there should generally be no need for it except in really exceptional circumstances."

Or was that untrue?

Oh, and in general this thread is against forum rules for backseat moderation.

If you feel people are breaking forum rules against swearing, just report the offending post (s)

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Just that someone who swears he doesn't swear does, and says that he doesn't like others doing what he does.

As for the language, the filter is there picking out English words. Even as a five year old, I knew that it was swearing albeit in another language. Maybe that comes from hearing my Irish family and relatives, along with their friends using it.

not a clue what your trying to say above.....but again, i didnt swear, dont know how many more times i need to say it.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I the post did not mention the location, but the principle.

Do you in fact agree that

2. "But written posts (or other writing) takes more thought and time, and there should generally be no need for it except in really exceptional circumstances."

Or was that untrue?

Oh, and in general this thread is against forum rules for backseat moderation.

1. If you feel people are breaking forum rules against swearing, just report the offending post (s)

im not moderating anyone...i asked the mods about swearing and they answered, thats not backseat moderation, its asking a question.

1. I have and they have been removed.......

2. if your asking do i agree with that post, in part yes, but you cant in part agree with a post with an emoji. i dont agree with the part underlined and in italics

Hope that clears up your question and again, i havent sworn on this forum.

It's 'swore ' by the way.

roubaixtuesday

2. if your asking do i agree with that post, in part yes, but you cant in part agree with a post with an emoji. i dont agree with the part underlined and in italics

OK, Jowwy, so this is the absolute height of hypocrisy here.

Quite unbelievable.

You're still claiming that you agree ""But written posts (or other writing) takes more thought and time, and there should generally be no need for it "

For those unaware of your hypocrisy, here's your words from elsewhere.

1661346534240.png

Now, quit complaining about swearing, report posts if you feel they deserve it, and these are the last words you'll ever hear from me, as your constant trolling and whining victimhood is quite beyond the pale.

Does this mean I can't use "feck" anymore? :ohmy:
It's a part of my feckin' heritage! ^_^

By the by I was once greeted on my arrival in Scotland off the ferry (on the bike) with a wild head out a car window and " ya mad ******* daffodil".

I felt very welcome :becool:

Language, good, bad, vulgar or proper depends so much on tone and context that attempting to police such things requires a level of patience and understanding of nuance that would scramble my brain.

There are rules and swear filters. And a report button. What else needs to be discussed?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

OK, Jowwy, so this is the absolute height of hypocrisy here.

Quite unbelievable.

You're still claiming that you agree ""But written posts (or other writing) takes more thought and time, and there should generally be no need for it "

For those unaware of your hypocrisy, here's your words from elsewhere.

View attachment 658566

Now, quit complaining about swearing, report posts if you feel they deserve it, and these are the last words you'll ever hear from me, as your constant trolling and whining victimhood is quite beyond the pale.

So what you have done there is copy a post from the NEW NACA which is againts the rules and posted it here.......im also not claiming any victimhood here or trolling anyone. But your illegal post on this forum has been reported and will hopefully be removed.

if i posted here what everyone writes in the new NACA it would be closed forthwith

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom