Swissstop "Green" brake blocks on Open Pro CD rims?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
Given my recent problems with the rather premature rim wear on my Open Pro rims, I have just ordered a new set of wheels but using Open Pro CD rims instead.

Having a surf around the net as you do, it would seem that a number of people rate quite highly the "Green" Swissstop brake blocks as being much better than the Shimano ones, ie Ultegra or Dura Ace.

This is in terms of less wear and damage caused to the rim and also improved braking in the wet. Now I am "assuming", and because I cannot establish otherwise, that most folk are making reference to the normal Open Pro rim?

In a vain attempt to see these rims last longer than the last ones have, I am thinking about fitting Swissstop "Green" blocks front and rear.

Is anyone else running this combination of brake blocks and rims, if so can I have some thoughts or feedback please?

The original set of wheels with the knackered OP rims, I intend to replace the old rims for either the Ambrosio Revolution or the Ambrosio Excellight rims, cannot decide at the minute?

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Looks like I may have drawn a blank then? :laugh:

Top Bottom