Sympathy?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boardgirl

Boardgirl

The reason it keeps coming of the rings is that it's not been set up properly. If you had it set up by the people at Halfords then I am not surprised. Take the bike to your LBS and get them to give it the once over and running properly.

Took it to the LBS this morning and they sorted the gears, the rear mech was bent from my fall yesterday :sad: Have 't ridden it yet but I do totally trust they've done it right.

The question that keeps popping into my head is 'Should I have got a Specialized?'. I know I could get a refund still and go elsewhere but the difference in bike I'd be able to get is the Boardman fi Comp or a Specialized at about £650. Not sure if I should do it, maybe the bike would fit me better...

I don't know enough to compare the components on both bikes and know I've got an alright deal.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Leaning on a lampost
George Formby 2013 stylee:

"I'm leaning on a lampost
At the corner of the street
Unclipping from my
e-hess-pee-dees"

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Hhmm that's the same problems I seem to have :sad: First time I went out the chain came off 4 times because of the big and little cog change up. It's not good and making me think I should do an exchange all together and get a Specialized?

I'm pretty bashed up today unfortunately but hopefully I'll be ok tomorrow as got a ride planned.
They set mine up with 3 shifts for the front when it only has two cogs. Meant I'd occasionally change into a gear that wasn't there

It doesn't. I have never had a clipless moment. *Goes and finds some wood to touch*

I'm sure that makes the OP feel a lot better.

Try not to get too insecure about it though Green, there are a few of you on this thread who obviously can't handle this statement without telling us how great they are.

:thumbsup:

Went out today for the second time since getting SPDs, and...fell off. Like it wasn't just a wobble, I totally stacked it at a junction! CRINGE!!

Got a shiner coming on :B)

:eek::giggle:
Poor you. I did that with my motorbike quite a few years back - I forgot to put my bl**dy feet down! Mortified. And I picked the bugger back up :biggrin:

green1

Über Member
I'm sure that makes the OP feel a lot better.

Try not to get too insecure about it though Green, there are a few of you on this thread who obviously can't handle this statement without telling us how great they are.

:thumbsup:
Don't make sweeping generalisations and then we won't have to correct them. :whistle:

green1

Über Member
The only thing you've corrected is your own insecurity on the matter.
I've got no insecurity on the matter. The fact is I've never had a clipless moment. I've had plenty of moments due to potholes, ninja speed bumps and mechanical failures (and a broken wrist and ankle due to those).

Well thanks for telling us, it's very relevant after all and seeing as you couldn't let it lie for the sake of trying to make a new member feel a bit better, may I be the first to congratulate you.

How far can you run with an egg on top of your head?

Top Bottom