T20 Cricket World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Scotland start off their campaign to get into the tournament proper, tomorrow, against tough opposition, Afghanistan.
The following day Ireland start theirs, to get into the Super 10, against the might of Oman.
The big(ger) boys kick off a week later.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
I'm rooting for a tournament victory for the Sri Lankan team.

AndyRM

XOXO
There's surely going to come a time when we bin cricket. Don't get me wrong, I love the game but we are absolutely hopeless. Have we ever won a game at the T20?

I can only think of Gavin Hamilton who was any good, but he knackered his career by playing for England, once.

gavgav

Guru
Couple of decent players in Matt Machan and Kyle Coetzer but other than the Scots are pretty dire

Looks like another wooden spoon for the Scots.

I thought this was a competition where the Scots would at least go home empty handed - I didn't realise that there was a wooden spoon on offer

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Oman has a large expat Indian population, so not a huge surprise.

My understanding is that Oman went into the 2015 Pre Qualification tournament ranked bottom out of those teams but managed to make it through. They are currently ranked bottom of the Associate Members who are competing now to make it to the tournament proper (although Ireland are next to bottom)

So I'd say it is quite a meteoric rise for Oman and well done to them. Upsets are what make tournament sport great

AndyRM

XOXO
Dougie Brown was a decent player.
I played against him when he played for Clackmannanshire county.
He went onto Warwickshire after that

Forgot about him! Coach at Warwickshire now I believe?

I probably overreacted in my initial post because we were strolling that game and badly collapsed which is always annoying.

Top Bottom