T20 Cricket World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Whoops, 20-4!

There's surely going to come a time when we bin cricket. Don't get me wrong, I love the game but we are absolutely hopeless. Have we ever won a game at the T20?

I can only think of Gavin Hamilton who was any good, but he knackered his career by playing for England, once.

Not entirely wide of the mark Andy,as Scottish players making it into the big leagues,to coin a phrase,are few and far between.
My old team mate,Calum McLeod went onto Warwickshire and never really set the Heather on fire.And he was supposed to be the great white hope of Scottish Cricket.
Little known fact here.
Mike Denness,who captained England was born in Bellshill,Lanarkshire. ^_^

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
A slight thread tangent to recommend Tim Wigmore et al's "Second XI: Cricket in its Outposts" which is a tour through the associate nations, outlining the strengths and weaknesses of each.

Well worth picking up if you've not read it, and there's a sample chapter (about Afghanistan, I think) available for Kindle owners, iirc.

A slight thread tangent to recommend Tim Wigmore et al's "Second XI: Cricket in its Outposts" which is a tour through the associate nations, outlining the strengths and weaknesses of each.

Well worth picking up if you've not read it, and there's a sample chapter (about Afghanistan, I think) available for Kindle owners, iirc.

Cheers,That will be an interesting read.
For me anyway ^_^

I thought this was a competition where the Scots would at least go home empty handed - I didn't realise that there was a wooden spoon on offer

It's a little-known fact* (don't know why, though) that Scotland has more wooden spoons than IKEA.

They couldn't even beat themselves when it came to a 'game' of voting for self-rule. ;)

*or possibly not. IKEA has a lot of shops.

Top Bottom