Tablet PCs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Printing isn't an issue

I have an HP printer, and HP use "EPrint"
It can use an App on IOS or Android and is as simple as emailing the document to your printer

Other companies have similar systems

stephec

Legendary Member
Do wireless printers actually work?

I've got a Canon multi function from work which when I ask it to print will spend five minutes deciding whether or not to get it's lazy arse in to gear and do something.

Sometimes I'm still waiting twenty minutes later, but if I connect via USB to it then it works fine every time.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I can see me needing a tablet tutorial here, how do I post pics from Photobucket to here

Have you downloaded the photobucket app?

I just tap the photo I want to share, when it loads click the share icon and select 'copy to clipboard'.

Then you can paste the url from the clipboard into the browser when creating a new CycleChat post.

My Brother printer works spot on in our home network, its plugged into our VM superhub and anything thats wif can use it.............apart from anything on Android, I used it on windows and ubuntu and think it worked with fedora but havent had that for a while so not 100% sure but cannot get it to link to my phone or tablet so must be an android thing

Not downloaded the app just have photobucket saved as a bookmark, thats probably the problem

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I recently bought a iPad mini2 and I have to say it is really great. The OS takes a bit of getting used to after my Android phone and it is not as customisable as a Android device. Plus theres no USB port . I also have a Samsung tab kids for the children, this functions as a normal tablet but has a kids side with lots of fun apps for them, they love it. The mini is a bit expensive (cost me over £700 down here for 64 gig and cellular access) but you are a fan of the Apple eco system you'll like it. Apple change you eighty quid every time you double the storage capacity which is a bit thick but the product is very slick.

Last edited:
I really could not manage without a keyboard and mouse. Also with a desktop you are looking forward, with a tablet you are looking down.

Ergonomically a table and even a laptop is doing all the things you should not be doing. Probably OK if you are perhaps messing about for 30 mins per day max but if you work or spend any decent time on a computer then setup and comfort are the key things.

I use a wireless drive to sort my issues with memory

The "AirStash" uses SD Cards so has up to 128 GB of memory available, plus it also acts as an SD card reader for pictures

Airstash-No-Packaging-Side-HR.jpg

About £50 plus cards, but cheaper than upgrading memory in a tablet, allows far more memory, and can also deal with more than one user - and also allows simultaneous internet access.

Apple and Samsung are going head to head cycle ops, that's why the prices are so high,people seem to think that the higher the price,the better the product, personally I wouldn't touch anything apple but millions disagree with my preference, I seem to get on with android yet my son loves iOS and he has had nothing but problem after problem with it, I think its down to personal preference I don't mind what is it is so long as it does what its supposed to do, both apple and Google are out to make mega bucks, that's what corporations do, but as long as we buyers are happy I really don't see any point in saying one is superior to the other,so good on you for having an apple mate and I hope you are enjoying it as much as I enjoy mine.

Top Bottom