Tacx Flux S - Set Up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JSRossi

Regular
Morning all and a newbie turbo trainer question if I may.

I am waiting for a Tacx Flux S direct drive smart trainer to be delivered and wondered what I need to set up for my Boardman ADV 8.9.

I’ve got the 10 speed cassette on the way but not sure a) which thru axle kit I need and b) what tools I will need to fit the cassette?

Any advice most welcome as always, and thanks

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The Tacx will come with thru axle adapters. To fit the cassette you will need a "cassette tool" and a chain whip.
1606210141815.png
1606210195723.png

si_c

Guru
The Tacx will come with thru axle adapters. To fit the cassette you will need a "cassette tool" and a chain whip.
View attachment 559840 View attachment 559841
Very much this - you need the tools to fit the cassette if you don't already have them - you need both to take on and off as the trainer has no freehub like a bike wheel.

The thru-axle kits are labelled and come with the trainer, there are a couple in there but you'll most likely need the 12x100 and 12x142 thru axles as it's a road bike.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Very much this - you need the tools to fit the cassette if you don't already have them - you need both to take on and off as the trainer has no freehub like a bike wheel.

The thru-axle kits are labelled and come with the trainer, there are a couple in there but you'll most likely need the 12x100 and 12x142 thru axles as it's a road bike.
Not the 12x100 - he won't be touching the front wheel ^_^

Top Bottom