take a test??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
There kinda needs to be an entire overhaul of everyone's 'driving' principles to remove the predjudices and bad habits this goes for motorists as well as cyclists, maybe a 4 day refresher course, compulsory like jury service?

It is obviously better to make sure everyone gets coaching before going on the roads, the CPT obviuosly being the cycle equivelent of the CBT.
The problem is that as much as cyclists and motorists should wise up to needs and safety of the other, it would have to happen in tandem for it to work.
Cyclists in general, have to share the roads but mostly with motorists who can't or won't, making it unnecessarily dangerous at times to do something basic like, taking my 6 year old daughter to school.

What people have difficulty in accepting is that motorists feel it is only or primarily the cyclist that has to give way on this issue.

Therein lies the rub.

donnymac what group do you instruct for? Because I am going to have to re-take my RoSPA mo'bike in a year to keep it up to date and I want to make sure you don't teach me.

tdr1nka said:
Ah brilliant!
Well done.
Yes 'The Police Drivers Handbook' how did I not guess?
A volume we all have to hand and is widley recommended reading for all road users, even those without a uniform fetish.
Tut Tut silly me. Slaps ones own hand, 'silly, naughty cyclist!'.:tongue:

You said it was in the Highway Code so you is wrong and a tw*t.

I can only now guess we should be expecting more questions from you and your advanced library then?
Something from the SOE syllabus maybe or the SAS handbook?

On second thoughts, spare me. I answered your posts honestly and now see you for the a*se you is. When you said testing you meant patience!

tdr1nka said:
Dunno about Donnymac, should be more like, don a mac, as in IGMC!

tdr1nka said:
You are taking small details and acreditting(sic)them to the wrong publication in order to make a rather vacuous point.

Now you're talking about undertaking? You seem to have lost a grip on your original ideas here M8.

donnymac said:
thanks tdr..
we agree on somethings.
can we all agree with tdr..

Yes, I think we can all agree with him.

Idiot.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Hang on! I've just exposed my copy of the HC under ultraviolet light, and its revealed a whole 'secret section'! As well as the 3mph speed limit for filtering and the 3xRB rule, it also reveals...

Drivers should sing along tunelessly to the radio when driving alone. Drivers listening to talk radio may alternatively shout 'boll0cks!' and 'w@nker!' to any opinion expressed that does not agree with their own.

Driving while wearing a hat should be avoided. If the urge to wear a hat is irresistable, the driver should choose a sensible trilby or tweed-based flat cap.

Younger agressive drivers of Citroen Saxos, Peugeot 106s, or Renault Clios must use their fog lights at all times. This ensures that other drivers recognise your vehicle as a rally-prepared team car on a final shakedown run before being shipped to Finland for the latest round of the WRC.

Cyclists must be killed. They do not pay road tax.

Especially that magnatom. That fu**er lost me my job.

I love that Clarkson. He's brilliant, especially that bit when they went to Alambama and they wrote "Man Love Rules" on the Hamster's car. Brilliant!

Drivers must not eat shellfish (Leviticus 11:12)

tdr1nka said:
Ah brilliant!
Well done.
Yes 'The Police Drivers Handbook' how did I not guess?
A volume we all have to hand and is widley recommended reading for all road users, even those without a uniform fetish.
Tut Tut silly me. Slaps ones own hand, 'silly, naughty cyclist!'.:biggrin:

You said it was in the Highway Code so you is wrong and a tw*t.

I can only now guess we should be expecting more questions from you and your advanced library then?
Something from the SOE syllabus maybe or the SAS handbook?

On second thoughts, spare me. I answered your posts honestly and now see you for the a*se you is. When you said testing you meant patience!

:biggrin:
Tdr1nka, I have become a great admirer of your posts. I know not your occupation but if it isn't 'concise, precise and amusing piss ripping' you've missed your calling :tongue:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
TY Crackle, I feel honoured.

I'm currently between jobs so if you can find me a vacancy I'm open to offers.:tongue:

Cab

col said:
So your saying its ok to cause hold ups and even gridlock,because your supposed to cycle that way?

I'm saying that were all cyclists to ride assertively and predominantly in primary position as they are encouraged to do, then they would cause gridlock in most of cities. Is it okay that they do that? Well, yes, I'm afraid that unless you want to insist that each cyclist takes risks to make other peoples lives more convenient, then you have to accept that such behaviour would be entirely okay.

And thats why, really, no one who says they want to see cyclists 'trained' or 'tested' actually would like the outcome. The inevitability of most cyclists being like me, it would drive them bonkers.

historyman

There is already a scheme for 'training' people caught speeding; and having been caught going 36 in a 30 zone (which I'm not proud of) I got sent on it & it were rubbish. (Actually I chose it against points on my licence but I regret it). The scheme is stupid because:
a) optional;
:tongue: no training is needed to stop speeding, except heavy fines for speeders;
c) annoying guys running it boasting about how much money they were coining in off the government, & what new contracts they were about to get.

Cab

col said:
But the point was made to be in primary and slow traffic wasnt it?

Being in primary can slow traffic. That isn't the purpose of being in primary though. You're getting confused between intent to slow traffic and intent to remain safe.

Top Bottom