Taking a furry/feathered friend touring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
LisaG71

LisaG71

Regular
I didn't ask if anyone thought it was a good idea.
I asked if anyone else took a furry friend. I am a dog trainer and i KNOW MY DOGS.
Sorry, if it sounded harsh ... but those who don't know the dog nor the owner or the ability of the dog should not offer advice. If I didn't think my dog was able, then I wouldn't have posted the original post.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:
Welcome to Cycle Chat @LisaG71 :welcome:
I have noticed that you have edited your OP: it is good form, when editing a post, to add something like "Edited to add/change", to clarify what is meant.
The slight aggressive tone in your replies is unwarranted, members have been replying to your OP giving you good suggestions.
Enjoy CC - The mods team.

What will happen to a cycle tourist who goes over that limit?
My animals are stress free when doing anything with me.
as this dog is my assistance dog, he would do anything I asked him to. Why worry is someone else's animal would react? when you have never met the animals in question.
I didn't ask if anyone thought it was a good idea.
I asked if anyone else took a furry friend. I am a dog trainer and i KNOW MY DOGS.
Sorry, if it sounded harsh ... but those who don't know the dog nor the owner or the ability of the dog should not offer advice. If I didn't think my dog was able, then I wouldn't have posted the original post.

OP
OP
LisaG71

LisaG71

Regular
Mod Note:
Welcome to Cycle Chat @LisaG71 :welcome:
I have noticed that you have edited your OP: it is good form, when editing a post, to add something like "Edited to add/change", to clarify what is meant.
The slight aggressive tone in your replies is unwarranted, members have been replying to your OP giving you good suggestions.
Enjoy CC - The mods team.

Actually adding that I don't know my dogs and issues about the breed I own aren't good advice.
Whippets are highly athletic animals and can do anything any other athletic breed can do. Yes I take offence to it. As I have owned, trained, and handled this breed now for over 10 years and am capable to determining what they can and can't do myself ..

I certainly hope for your dog's sake that you are right and that your dog will be totally chill about being in a trailer as heavy traffic rushes past, or when you're faced with territorial dogs that are chasing you. These are both events that will happen on a tour.

The open hostility towards someone who meant well makes me wish I hadn't bothered.
Good luck with the tour if only for the sake of your pets.

Don't bother replying.

Both of our dogs go in their trailer every day, they see it as the many dogs see the boot/trunk of a car and feel very safe in there. If we leave them in the garden for any length of time one or more use it as a kennel.

I wonder how much "out of trailer" time a Whippet would like ? never seen them as an endurance dog but as long as he/she can hop in ever once in a while i'm sure they'll appreciate just being with you.

What sort of bird are we talking about ?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I just go out for day trips with my human bean.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
This pile on every time a new poster doesn't toe the invisible lines is looking intentional as it's the people time after time.

OP
OP
LisaG71

LisaG71

Regular
well to the various isms us innocent cchatters can be accused of there is it now appears whippet abuse.

A musical interlude to lighten the tone.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QLzthSkfM

I should maybe quickly add that we had a whippet when I was young - they were rather traditional in my parts.

OMG YES!
as they came from the England area, there are oodles there.

yeah, I am assuming they wouldn't like that my whippet LOVES to play in the water and -30*F weather in the snow either .. Probably would think i was awful to make him do obedience in the rain with a 5-minute sit-stay.

the funny thing is, A friend who met my male has one of his pups and lives in Scotland! with all the OOOOOOODLES of whippies in the UK. She still wanted one of mine. Because when my pups leave me, they are bombproof.

I just wanted it known I didn't ask for advice as to IF I could take my whippet.
I asked if anyone else took their animals biking.

BIG difference.

OP
OP
LisaG71

LisaG71

Regular
Both of our dogs go in their trailer every day, they see it as the many dogs see the boot/trunk of a car and feel very safe in there. If we leave them in the garden for any length of time one or more use it as a kennel.

I wonder how much "out of trailer" time a Whippet would like ? never seen them as an endurance dog but as long as he/she can hop in ever once in a while i'm sure they'll appreciate just being with you.

What sort of bird are we talking about ?
She is a cinnamon cheek conure.

I am going to go by his body language. I am thinking .. 5 miles, then a break.

but it does not matter.
I asked if anyone took an animal with them.
NOT advice on if I should take my animal.

it seems everyone is upset that I am own whippets and do stuff with them

OP
OP
LisaG71

LisaG71

Regular
I certainly hope for your dog's sake that you are right and that your dog will be totally chill about being in a trailer as heavy traffic rushes past, or when you're faced with territorial dogs that are chasing you. These are both events that will happen on a tour.

The open hostility towards someone who meant well makes me wish I hadn't bothered.
Good luck with the tour if only for the sake of your pets.

Don't bother replying.
i don't think you don't have to worry able my training ability nor my dog. why post if you don't like the subject or my replies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom