Taking advantage of the crap weather...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rivers

How far can I go?
And put both bikes in for a service. The nice weather carbon bike is getting new wheels and tyres (DT Swiss R23s) and a bit of a tune up. The winter bike is also getting new wheels (the shimano rs010s off the nice bike), new cassette, and a bit of a rebuild. The winter bike needs a bit of love, it's been thrashed around in all weathers for the past several months. There's a bit of play in the headset, potentially a creak from the bottom bracket that only happens when i put a bit of power down.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Nice! Sounds like they will be all lovely and new feeling after! I need to get the chain tightened on both my Allez and Diverge as the gear changes aren't as sharp!

Plus new tyres soon! Super excited for definite.

davidphilips

Veteran
For me swept the chimney of my multi fuel stove (First time) and was surprised how easy it was, then unblocked the vacuum that my wife was sure needed replaced, then phoned the AA and got %10 of my renewal , sounds good so far but for me the really great part was spending time with Molly my cat, she had been missing for 3 days turned up on Tuesday a lot thinner and looking like she had been locked in some ones coal bunker.

Hope every one on here has a good day and as peaceful as mine has been today.

hoopdriver

Guru
Sadly I have had to work, I'm taking advantage by enjoying the quiet gym! Been here since 6am, in an old freezing leisure centre. :wacko::cold:
I too went to the gym for a long workout - the place was quiet and freezing, those of us in there working out in hats and coats and gloves! Then home and warmed up myself and the kitchen by baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies!

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
[QUOTE 5167604, member: 10119"]Isn't that what the derailleur is there for?
(not a mechanic, confused!)[/QUOTE]

Not sure, I was told by the bike store that between purchase date up to 6 months, it needs to be re-adjusted as the chain stretches a little?

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
For me swept the chimney of my multi fuel stove (First time) and was surprised how easy it was, then unblocked the vacuum that my wife was sure needed replaced, then phoned the AA and got %10 of my renewal , sounds good so far but for me the really great part was spending time with Molly my cat, she had been missing for 3 days turned up on Tuesday a lot thinner and looking like she had been locked in some ones coal bunker.

Hope every one on here has a good day and as peaceful as mine has been today.
So glad to hear that your kitty is back home safe and sound!!!

Beautiful rainy day here, I am off and spending it with little one at home. We are baking potatoes and brussel sprouts, coloring, and reading Thomas the Tank Engine. Tea here is a given. Wish it was this warm yesterday, it is supposed to get back down below freezing this weekend. I will get out for a ride tonight when she is in bed.

vickster

Legendary Member
Day off work, so I (and the cat) had a lie in. Went to gym, had the ladies gym to myself other than a lady decorator painting the walls! Got sweaty, then went to meet a working at home friend for lunch at Waitrose, did some shopping, a bit more shopping at Asda on way home. Now a lazy rest of day on the sofa (might do a little housework if can summon the energy). Freezing out there, I'm not going out again

Top Bottom