Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Nice ride home last night.. another cyclist who was heading near enough the same direction as me rolled up alongside me and we had a good chat about all sorts of stuff. He had one of these fancy Lumos helmets with LEDs in the shape of an arrow to indicate that he wants to turn left or right.

Since it was almost midnight I have to say that the indicator lights were quite effective. he eventually had to split off.

One of the bad things about the first GoPro Session is that night recording is terrible. Havent checked footage yet, but it probably wont do that helmet justice.

Remind me never complain about it being a bit chilly . -17 respect for being out in that

The -17 is not the issue, it was the wind. I will not be riding the bicycle home today as I have pick a minor bit of frostbite. The "ninja mask" I was wearing was not enough. Tomorrow I will break out the ski helmet and goggles.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
More nutters than I've seen for a while today. Some plank almost took me out 100 yards from home and it was followed by more general idiocy until Selhurst when it all seemed to quieten down. There were the results of what looked like a sizable smash at the A21 but guessing it was last night as no one was around.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Got tailgated along Perrinpit Road last night before a safe overtake but as there was a long queue ahead I caught up.

I thought I would say something, so said "good evening" with a smile and had a good-natured chat with the lady who said she would look into stopping distances. She then said something about stopping at red lights (but not in a way to justify tailgating me) which I said I always do. Perfectly civilised discussion.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Today's commute took the Tricross over the 40,000 mile mark.

13 rider

Guru
Suffered a deliberate punishment pass tonight . Coming to the main traffic island in the village there are 2 pinch's points about 50 ft apart I always take primary through here to stop cars squeezing through The car following took exception to this and passed very close closing even more as they pass . At the island the traffic was queueing so filter pass the car and got in front and proceed to wait for a VERY clear gap to enter the island prompting the car to toot me so I turned round and exchange pleasantries with the driver during which time another load of traffic entered the island making me wait even longer but I wasn't in a rush unlike the stupid driver

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
So full summer kit this morning. Thought I was doing really well and should be heading for a sub-45 min commute although there was a headwind. I managed a 46 min but I think I'm going to pay for the effort later.

No real lunacy encountered. Psycho has also gone missing again

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
The sun is out. Its nice and warm. Pitty it wont last till i finish work.

On a side note. Very impressed with the kask mojito as far as ventilation goes. Instantly better than my 2015 giro savant

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Lovely ride today, nice to have the sunshine and double figure temperatures at last. Asked a driver if he was going to put his mobile phone down when he pulled away, I needed to know if he'd be paying attention to the road !

Top Bottom