Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Absolutely smashed the 45 min mark today!! Just a tad over 43 mins at an average of 17mph!!! Fantastic ride in, quite light traffic. Was tiring a little towards the end but then had another rider who thought he was quicker than me. Wrong.

Also I had armwarmers on today but jeez some people had what I would count as full winter kit: Longs, jacket, one guy even had a buff up over his ears and lower face!!

Sixmile

Veteran
That was me. :hello: Very wet in Belfast this morning, I've no glasses so pulled up buff over nose to block the most of it. Then I'd my Altura rainjacket, adidas trackies, skull cap and overshoes on too. Needless to say, everythings drenched and drying in a cupboard as we speak. Slow ride in as I hit every set of lights, 52 minutes for me today.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Considering we are still in early March, the weather in Leicester this week (apart from Monday) has been fantastic, let's hope it holds tomorrow as I want to get out and do my March imperial.

@13 rider and @tallliman I will be hitting nice pies at sometime tomorrow, no idea of a time yet as I still haven't planned a route :rolleyes:

I've started doing the fully commute home on the bike after getting the train into work. Twice a week that's a 36 miler home from Cambridge to Downham Market. Tuesday's commute home was lovely, 1h55 minutes with a light tailwind but yesterday's was a bit more brutal with a relentless fenland headwind most of the way back, adding 20 minutes to the journey. Did manage to catch sight of 2 barn owls and 1 marsh harrier though which always brings a smile to my face. Too many close passes on 20 Pence Road though; even more frustrating is that there was nothing coming the other way for any of them so ample space to move completely over.

13 rider

Guru
Considering we are still in early March, the weather in Leicester this week (apart from Monday) has been fantastic, let's hope it holds tomorrow as I want to get out and do my March imperial.

@13 rider and @tallliman I will be hitting nice pies at sometime tomorrow, no idea of a time yet as I still haven't planned a route :rolleyes:
? Have I missed something ?
Thanks for cursing the weather . Day off jobs done and its raining :rain::banghead:

clippetydoodah

Weather was grim this morning. Wet and wet some more. I nearly called it off and went in the
car. Glad I didn't. Uneventful ride. It's lucky I sit next to the radiator in the office as my kit was
soaking.

My front light failed again.

I switched over my 23 mm tyres for 25 mm Bontrager R1's yesterday. Nice smooth ride,
noticeably more comfortable.

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
Yup, I also had a cracking ride in. New chain and cassette, smooooooooth as, new BB on its way and it will be like new. One winter = 1 front wheel bearing, 1 bottom bracket, 1 chain and cassette, mind you, even tho it is worn, the later was changed to get rid of a gap in the gearing. And yep its raining in Derby now too. :-(

Head wind but one odd those high pressure ones, it was as if you were cycling over glue

There was a rider I caught eventually but she was on an electric bike and I just could not pull away!

I kept expecting her to catch me but I did us all proud and kept at it

These electric bikes are no fun!!'

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
They are when you need to sit behind them just twiddling away, having a rest. ;-)

13 rider

Guru
You still got out, you can't have been far behind me as I went by your house not long before you started your ride
Catching you up :okay:. What a coincidence we did the same route from my house to the ridings in Rothley !. I can compare strava segment on the same day and your quicker than me :sad: is some including uphill :eek:, Church hill Woodhouse

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Was going to be another quick ride home then my knee went again so I've done the cycling equivalent of a heavy limp for 8 miles. Still managed to burn off a cyclist on Rochester Way . He then tried to look cool when he caught up at the Bellegrove Road lights (I hadn't been able to get above 25mph on Welling Way cos of knee) :smile:

Good couple of days riding, missed out on a sub-1 hr commute this morning due to traffic lights changing...annoying!

@Supersuperleeds, not riding tomorrow due to other commitments but may be at Nice Pies on Sunday morning.

Top Bottom