Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
A mini sink hole had appeared on Toft Road this morning, meaning it was closed to traffic. I asked the workmen if I could proceed and they said "we've seen nothing". Good guys. One mile of traffic free bliss before Knutsford made my morning...

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
So after yesterday's century I expected this morning to be tough. Got on bike, knee went so thought through what I'd changed. Last thing was the seat post clamp so I lowered the seatpost a couple of mm and knee now seems fine. Motoring along quite happily until I got past Penge, Goat House Bridge all closed off with fire engines etc. Naturally I'd taken the GPS off the commuting bike a couple of weeks ago so I went for a short tour of South London. Anerly Hill is quite steep up past Crystal Palace park. More so when you realise your front derailleur isn't working!!!!

Eventually got to work after an extra 3 miles. Average speed of 14.5mph which I consider good considering I didn't know where I was for quite a while

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Sea mist rolling in on the River Avon on tonight's commute - pic taken from the Avonmouth bridge.
The temperature dropped about 5 degrees whilst cycling through it !

IMG_2936.JPG

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
So on my commute home last night, I had 3 sets of temporary lights and one bit where the east bound lane is closed (which is worse than temporary lights cos the west bound traffic don't give a stuff and won't give way for anything). so this morning I used my back up route. There's an iffy bit from Whitefoot Lane where I turn left onto the A21 and immediately have to go to the right hand lane but it went smoothly this morning. The rest of the route is a joy but a little longer than my other route so will stick with it a bit.

No numpties at all

13 rider

Guru
Woke before my alarm this morning so up early and did some extra miles 18.3 miles my longest commute so far . While putting in some extra loops in Sileby I stumbled across an obscure strava segment ( done by 18 people) and I am now 8th fastest and fastest this year ( only person this year :whistle: ) This was on my heavy hybrid with rack and panniers on might have to have a go on the roadie some day . Steady 9 miles home not as nice as yesterday

@13 rider, Agree on that segment, very odd!

4th consecutive day this week commuting but realised I've actually not driven to work for 7 working days. Think I'll end up driving tomorrow, just feeling too tired. Still, I'm impressed that this is physical tiredness not muscle fatigue. Guess I'm not at my limit yet which bodes well.

si_c

Guru
@13 rider, Agree on that segment, very odd!

4th consecutive day this week commuting but realised I've actually not driven to work for 7 working days. Think I'll end up driving tomorrow, just feeling too tired. Still, I'm impressed that this is physical tiredness not muscle fatigue. Guess I'm not at my limit yet which bodes well.
The more you do it the easier it gets. You'll find soon enough that you haven't driven in for a month.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Woke before my alarm this morning so up early and did some extra miles 18.3 miles my longest commute so far . While putting in some extra loops in Sileby I stumbled across an obscure strava segment ( done by 18 people) and I am now 8th fastest and fastest this year ( only person this year :whistle: ) This was on my heavy hybrid with rack and panniers on might have to have a go on the roadie some day . Steady 9 miles home not as nice as yesterday

I might have a go at dinner time see if i can get in this years top three, bugger that, aim high, top two.

clippetydoodah

Nearly put off commuting today due to the wind and rain. Mighty glad I didn't as I had a powerful
tailwind all the way. The sub 50 min for 15 mile commute is a reality, 48.50 today!! Chuffed to bits.

I put a new seat post on yesterday and it's world of comfort apart from my previous post.

The commute home is going to be tough, so I will just have an easy spin.

Top Bottom