Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Windy this morning. Had a guy on the train strike up a conversation with me about getting into cycling. Took my bike into cyclesurgery for a check and tune before next weeks ride to southend and ended up having a chat with the manager there about audaxing and long distance riding. He always seemed like a quiet, socially awkward fellow that didnt really talk or carry a conversation much but really piped up :tongue: Hes quite passionate about cycling it would seem. gave me the names of a few groups/clubs and websites i might be interested in when i told him I enjoyed night riding a fair bit.

the few miles to work were a slight crawl due to the wind but it all cleaned up rather nicely for the ride home.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Wet commute :sad: slightly breezy but not torrential at least like the bbc forecast said

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Missed all the rain... again. It was a very pleasant ride in. Leaving work at 1pm today and I don't think i'm going to be so lucky.

smiler1207

Wet and windy, not torrential and was expected. Not expected was nearly falling off whilst at the same time getting cramp in me calf! Hope its dry later

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Picture this right at a set of traffic lights there is construction works blocking half a lane and next to that are two ambulances parked one behind the other and near the middle is a paramedics motorcycle. 2 lanes have been reduced to barely one and there was no safe spot for me to stop so i carried on rolling till i was past the unfortunate accident and also the white line. I still didn't carry on crossing the road. I stopped just before that and waited for the lights to change. But before that. Here comes this pedestrian giving me bolllox for 'jumping a red' when i had no where to go. I explained that i had no where to go but he just carried on cursing and mumbling at me that i broke the law. And also the was an idiot for 'going around' the accident when i could see ambulance staff and paramedics were working.

Lights changed so i just shrugged and carried on with my journey.

I hope that person that got hit by a car is ok

clippetydoodah

Windy and colder than expected ride in today. No issues to report. I
put my phone on a bike mount for the first time today. Whilst it's a bit
big on the bars, it worked well. I used strava to record the ride and it
picked up speed, cadence, and my heart rate no problem. Saves me
buying another device. For now....

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
A very wet & cold commute this morning ......

IMG_2879.PNG

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wow. I must be truly blessed. All the weather reports were saying today was to be rain on and off all day. So not only did I miss the showers on the way to work, I missed them on the way home. Bloody marvellous.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Knocked off by some bloody BMW driver tonight who pulled out, collided, floored it and ran over my foot, typical SMIDSY. Only wanted to give me their phone number as I was sitting down in the gutter in pain, after pushing he gave me a fake registration number then drove off. Luckily I saw the actual one and a witness stopped and gave me their details.

Most annoying part is that I'm waiting for a new helmetcam so it is old fashioned he said, she said.

GlenBen

Über Member
Harsh, hope youre not too badly hurt. Wonder if they realise that cars have their registration on the front and the back for the whole world to see....idiots.

DrLex

merely the moocher
Knocked off by some bloody BMW driver tonight who pulled out, collided, floored it and ran over my foot, typical SMIDSY. Only wanted to give me their phone number as I was sitting down in the gutter in pain, after pushing he gave me a fake registration number then drove off. Luckily I saw the actual one and a witness stopped and gave me their details.

Most annoying part is that I'm waiting for a new helmetcam so it is old fashioned he said, she said.

Ouch! Did the incident match your user name or just the foot? Check with your witness that they'll assist - their testimony will make your case. Hope you get a P.C. with the time and interest to pursue it for you.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Harsh, hope youre not too badly hurt. Wonder if they realise that cars have their registration on the front and the back for the whole world to see....idiots.
I don't think he would have given the registration at all if there hadn't been a crowd of people. Weird thing is the registration he gave (E6 DMB) is similar to his actual registration (E7 xMx). It was an expensive BMW so fingers crossed I've left a nice shoulder shaped impact in his rear wing :dry:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Ouch! Did the incident match your user name or just the foot? Check with your witness that they'll assist - their testimony will make your case. Hope you get a P.C. with the time and interest to pursue it for you.
Scrapes and bruises this morning, plus what feels like a trapped nerve in my back. Could have been much worse in the circumstances. Reported it to plod today and they said they will send the driver a notice of prosecution for careless driving but as you said it depends on which way the wind is blowing as to whether it will get pursued.

They also annoyingly couldn't tell me the other driver's insurance but that maybe they could if I called at the end of next week. Frustrating as I'm sure they can check instantly if they stop you for no insurance.

Top Bottom