Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
You have my respect for riding in that today . I had a day off and I have hardly been outside .

It was very hard work, but I'd much rather ride in this weather than drive to and from work. Traffic was chaos in Leicester tonight, I just whizzed by it all ^_^

si_c

Guru
Got the train home today from work, had planned to ride home but Mrs C wanted me to get a few bits around town and it put me right by the station. And the train was there. And it was cold and raining.:cold:

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
So thanks to a visit from cackhanded Martin yesterday, Lelly has made on of those rare trips to work. It's 50/50 between being a joy to ride a Ti bike and being terrified of some of the nutters I see each day!!! Thankfully my psycho wasn't around today, I'm not sure I'm ready for her and Lelly to meet just yet.

Fairly uneventful if a little chilly ride in. Had to wear a backpack which felt weird and made Lelly feel strange too. May have to check the geometry of the two bikes still matches up once I've got a new seatclamp for the commuter.

united4ever

Über Member
It was very hard work, but I'd much rather ride in this weather than drive to and from work. Traffic was chaos in Leicester tonight, I just whizzed by it all ^_^

Yes, the days when the weather is poor are also the days when the traffic and public transport is also screwed so it's not an ideal plan to just cycle when the weather suits since you still suffer the worst of the commuting by car or public transport. Being dangerously bad weather (ice or very high winds) would be the only exception so maybe storm doris was dangerous for some.

For me though it was perfect strong tail wind on the way in and then the storm passed whilst I was at work and was a mere 15mph wind on my return - it had also changed direction a bit so more of a side wind than the head wind I was expecting. ^_^

si_c

Guru
Relatively a quiet ride in this morning as it's still half term, but the roads were a complete mess, totally strewn with debris from the trees. Couldn't use the cycle lane at all as it was impassable. Of course this meant lots of close passes again today. Not much fun, still I covered the 13miles in 45minutes, which is my fastest time in to the new job so far.

prawny

Doris was a step too far me yesterday, the middle third of my commute is wide open 50mph main roads so when it was bad by my house I decided that discretion was the better part of valour and got the train, I knew the trains would be chaos in the evening but I didn't want to get squished.

Lovely ride in today though, bit edgy early on because of the threat of ice first thing

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Bottled out yesterday. Mainly because of the weather (the peak wind speed of 63mph was recorded during the time I'd have been riding) but also because of a dentists appointment in the morning.

Today was different story. Cool but pleasant out with fairly light winds. I did the extended ride in again without any incident and also took a less direct route home giving a round trip of just over 30 miles. Lots of debris on the roads but the big bits had almost all been cleared away.

DSC0004335.jpg

The calm after the storm. A view from the road to Wroxeter.

subaqua

What’s the point
Friday legs . Both ways .loony Asian bloke at crownfield lights moving forward a few foot at time while lights on red . Left indicator flashing .
A move to primary and then some !!

Home for beers :smile:

si_c

Guru
Went the slightly longer way home to get a free look at the camels in the zoo. Back roads were in terrible condition, none of the debris had been cleared up and they were covered in mud. Aside from tired legs though was a good run home.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Starting my 4th commute of the week. Weather is cold and dull with possible chance of rain so had to take the triban out. My legs can really feel the weight of the bike. Going to be a slog to work and back when the time comes

si_c

Guru
Got right hooked on the way home, filtering up traffic in the cycle lane, driver got flashed to go into the carpark to my left. Dark and raining so slid into the rear door.

Mostly ok, sore shoulder and neck, but I don't think it's anything more than just bruising. Not checked the bike out property yet, but brakes are jammed on and levers got bent out of position. Looks like train for the rest of the week.

Top Bottom