Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

L Q

Über Member
Hard work tonight into the wind.

130 miles for the week so far commuting.

Going to miss tomorrow as Doris is putting me off and my legs are feeling it this week.

Very well done then @13 rider!!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Quite pleasant this morning, warm, bit breezy, mostly dry. Air seemed fresher than usual.

Even storm Doris doesn't want to visit Watford.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well I escaped most of the rain. Just enough to make me put on my rain jacket and add a bit of wind resistance into a ridiculous headwind. Very hard going but still managed close to 14mph average. The wind had better still be behind me on the way home! I'm going to fly!!!

No sign of psycho this morning but a couple of nobbers out there.

si_c

Guru
Commute in this morning was a bit wetter and slower than usual, but still doable. My route zig zags quite a bit, so the wind was either a front cross or rear cross wind. Some complete bell end drivers not giving me enough space, including one who gave me six inches of space just as I was caught by a gust. Got quite angry at one point.

dhd.evans

Veteran
I wore shorts today. I was committed.

It is now snowing heavily outside. I may not be riding home.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Out on the commute but cheating by taking the bike on the train then its a 2 mile ride to work through st pauls :x

I dont mind the wind so much but its te rain im trying to avoid.

Im braving it up for the easier ride home when it will be less windy

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
After passing two other drivers fiddling with their phones in slow moving uphill traffic last night, I spoke to the third driver & said it'd be a £200 fine and six points soon.. was told to f*** off & mind my own business, to get onto the "cycle path" and suchlike... I said it was very much my business as I had to share the road with inattentive phone-addicted cockwombles who put me and others in danger !

I could ride up Beacon Lane every evening and have the same conversation with three or four drivers. Still, it was an entertaining interlude.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
After passing two other drivers fiddling with their phones in slow moving uphill traffic last night, I spoke to the third driver & said it'd be a £200 fine and six points soon.. was told to f*** off & mind my own business, to get onto the "cycle path" and suchlike... I said it was very much my business as I had to share the road with inattentive phone-addicted cockwombles who put me and others in danger !

I could ride up Beacon Lane every evening and have the same conversation with three or four drivers. Still, it was an entertaining interlude.

Then again, this doesn't help

L Q

Über Member

Interestingly I was a couple of miles from home last night on a shared cycle path and I nearly got took out by a lad who was cycling with no hands whilst trying to text, he only saw me at the last minute!

Chickened out and borrowed works van to come home

Just got home 10 hours after riding in and can't believe how wet my feet still are. I really should go back to spuds and keeping a pair of dry shoes and socks at work

Top Bottom