Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
So why can't the weather people look out the window? The lovely Kate Kinsella was telling me at 6.30 I would have a bright start to my day, it was p***ing down!!!

Other than that all good really. Bike is now quiet, not sure if it was the new bottom bracket or the new seat post clamp. Something made a difference though

Sixmile

Veteran
Traffic a little heavier this morning so I had to slow it down a bit, but still nearly side swiped a few times. Why do cars overtake you, go slower than you in traffic then stop to let every Tom, Dick and Harry out of sideroads to continue to crawl in front of them? Thank goodness for filtering, that's all I say!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Got right hooked on the way home, filtering up traffic in the cycle lane, driver got flashed to go into the carpark to my left. Dark and raining so slid into the rear door.

Mostly ok, sore shoulder and neck, but I don't think it's anything more than just bruising. Not checked the bike out property yet, but brakes are jammed on and levers got bent out of position. Looks like train for the rest of the week.

Bad luck, hope you are better soon.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
At last back to a ten-mile route after chest problems last month !

Madcap Red Mercedes Mum tries (again) to overtake round a blind bend on Shellard's Lane, won't discuss it politely up the road. I must take the lane in future if I see her approaching.

BMW driver passes close at a pinch point.

Discovery driver passes close at a pinch point and when I politely say good morning, she knows it was too close, apologises immediately and explains that she has a toothache (???) but is a cyclist herself. Will leave more space next time.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So very windy on the commute this morning. Made for very hard work. Apparently the wind is meant to abate by this evenings commute home. Bloody hope so.

@Arjimlad , you should always take the lane as a matter of course anyway. I also have a blind bend with double white lines on my commute.

upload_2017-3-2_9-22-43.png

If I don't take it then I can guarantee a vehicle will try an overtake. I would rather put up with an impatient driver then a blind overtake anytime.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Discovery driver passes close at a pinch point and when I politely say good morning, she knows it was too close, apologises immediately and explains that she has a toothache (???) but is a cyclist herself. Will leave more space next time.

Yup, I think we've heard that one before. Being a cyclist herself means that she uses a bike on holiday in Centerparcs once a year.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I was thinking "why, if your toothache is so bad as to impair your driving, are you on the road this morning?" but the traffic began to move, and it would not have helped !

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Today was not a day when you think "I'm really glad I've got a saddlebag attached to my bike". Average speed plummeted in the wind but hoping for a quicker return.

No real numpties today (or of late really), no sign of my psycho today. Got a day off tomorrow and a regular working from home day established for Monday so no commute till Tuesday.

Top Bottom