Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Chilly mornin but not as bad as yesterday. No rain forecast so i took the carbon out. Made it to work just before a light shower.

Not sure if i spotted an Ian in the holborn area looked pretty much like an ian to me but i was further down the road

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I was pleased how easy it was to flatten a traffic cone with my Giant Revolt yesterday.
I'd just done a quick shoulder check when I realised collision was inevitable.

keithmac

Guru
Not viewing with sound but i sensed there might have been an audible "oh fark" at some point! :biggrin:

You did well to stay on that!.

Not commuting but I was roadtesting a Yamaha R1 today, saw a young woman in a car driving to the end of a side street; second sense told me she was going to pull out without looking (which she did..).

So I've managed to stop in time, watched her complete her manoeuvre and THEN she checks over her shoulder and sees me shaking my head in disbelief. Just shite driving.

If I had carried on I'd have been on the floor and the customer would have had his bike written off all for some incompetent driving..

gaijintendo

Veteran
I had a Volvo pull up behind me at a junction. It was a busy pell, and I had to sit there a while and wait for a moment. The driver gives 3 or 4 toots, which seemed a bit pushy - but I checked nothing was hanging off my bike, and tried to put a bit of distance between us but he ended up tailing me for a spell.
Reviewed the footage from the Fly6 (first time I have looked since inspecting the image quality) out of curiosity - he was tooting to get a friends attention and waved to them.
Looking back, he kept a respectable distance and he seemed genuinely happy to see a friend when he was laying on the horn.
Cheered me up a teensy bit.

Killiekevin

Now the nice weather is back im back to cycling full distance to work which is between 24-30 miles depending on route and which office im working out of.

Today was pretty uneventful apart from a headwind which made me feel like I was going backwards at some points. Met another cyclist at Newton Mearns which was nice as we both took a turn at the front which gave some relief but about 6 minutes down on my best time of last week.

waldiman

first ever commute in today.

Just over six miles, 90% being canal so no worry of traffic. Got home in just over half hour which is similar to when I drive. Will be back on it Friday.

Main problem was being hissed at by swans.

si_c

Guru
First ride back into work for a week as been away at the in-laws. Bloody glorious sunshine and a good temperature. Only downside was the fscking easterlies that @nickyboy has been talking about. PITA headwind all the way in.

13 rider

Guru
Suffered by first left hook this morning . Approaching the only set of traffic lights on my commute the lights were on red nothing in front just rolled into the ASL about to unclip and the light change so set off car appeared at my side caught a flash of indicator about to brake and she went straight left across me . My back wheel missed there rear wing by an inch . I beleive she never even saw me she never looked in the mirror afterwards

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Lady decided to turn right into the side road at the same time as me this evening, she ended up driving the first 50 yards on completely the wrong side of the road. Fortunately there wasn't an oncoming car.

Utter failure to judge my speed, which was about 25 mph. I don't know what her young son in the back thought !

L Q

Über Member
Had my 1st near miss in ages last night, car cut straight across me to turn left then got held up at the traffic lights, gave him a look and it turned a mouthful of abuse from him.

Just shook my head and gave him a wave when the lights went green.

Wish this wind would do one, its killing my legs this week, I don't cycle on a Friday but I am thankful today to miss it.

Top Bottom