Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Don't you just hate a day where you wish you had commuted but didn't due to the weather?

Wet and very windy in Leicester, but was quite warm.

Sixmile

Veteran
Likewise here, I stepped out of the house in short sleeves expecting it to be chilly for the first few miles as usual. Pleasantly surprised by the heat but less so impressed by the wind but still, glad I rode in. The traffic was heavy and I was able to bypass the most of it!

si_c

Guru
Left the house expecting a bit of a headwind on the way in, but nothing significant. Turned into a horrible wind and torrential downpour. Not one part of me dry, despite having fitted mudguards after yesterday's precipitation nightmare.

L Q

Über Member
Got lucky with the rain last night as it started a mile from home.

Wish the wind would die down though as it feels like a permanent headwind for at least 14 miles of the 24 mile commute I do.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Caught up with a friend climbing the Col de Bradley Stoke on her way to work today, so had a bit of company on the last half-mile. HC rule 66 deployed !

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Bumped into Cycle Gaz @gaz during this evenings commute. Stopped and had a 5 minute natter. Haven't seen each other for a while so was nice to catch up.

Very warm commute and threatened rain near the end with a few large rain drops but full rain didn't materialise. I think the wet stuff looks like it's going to hit with force tomorrow.

Reactions: gaz

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Bad car crash near the top of Fountain Drive heading up to Crystal Palace tonight; small van with its front smashed in and a car on the opposite side on its roof.

Hopefully everyone's OK.

Ciar

Veteran
supposed to be heavy rain this morning, so i dressed for the occasion what a mistake that was! no rain none nothing not even road spray, i felt like a cornetto left out in the sun by the time i got work.

hopefully this evening it redeems itself and pishes it down :wacko:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
supposed to be heavy rain this morning, so i dressed for the occasion what a mistake that was! no rain none nothing not even road spray, i felt like a cornetto left out in the sun by the time i got work.

hopefully this evening it redeems itself and pishes it down :wacko:

Yep, the same here. Thought it was going to be mental rain. Hearing the overnight rain beating down on the velux during the night I thought I was in for a good soaking.

Think it's going to hit hard later though.

Top Bottom