Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Swapped the 1100mi-taxed Schwalbe Ones last night for the stock Hutchison Equinox tyres. Heavier feeling but at least they're solid and don't let in the punctures. Consequently managed a full commute this morning.

I did meet these dickheads though:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Hit 48 seconds on the Fire Station hill - on a single-speed !!!

That equals my record - set on my GT Avalanche

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tried to use a Mobike from the station to the office. (It's a 30 minute walk).

Not one until I was near work and the four there were all out of action. Pah. Hopefully I'll find one later as I'm meeting my wife when she finishes. If I find a bike later it means I can have a swift beer before. If not it's a 30 minute walk

Tom B

Guru
Was working from a different location today inexplicably it took 20mins more to travel 8.3 miles as opposed to the usual 6.

Yesterday somewhere at somepoint I stood in a big dog turd... Right on the cleat, squished turd all around the cleat, mounting slots and shoe tread. Didn't notice till I got home. :-(

Tom B

Guru
Commute itself was gorgeous, but imagine my surprise when I stepped out of the shower at work and discover I hadn't packed any clean undercrackers to wear under me work clothes...:eek:

Comanmando, dirty grids or worst of all, borrowed gruds?

I've only once got to work and discovered no dry socks/grids once.

Now all my new packs of grids/socks go via a stay in my locker. Coupled with my disorganised chaotic stumble through life it ensures a steady stream of new grids entering circulation.

si_c

Guru
Lovely ride in today. No sounds from the bike except the chain running over the sprockets. Totally eventless trip in. Perfect.

Alfa GT

Narrowly missed buy a tipper truck and a massive scaffolding pole sticking out of the back! I took down the companies name and will write them a polite(ish) email. Need to invest in a helmet cam!

gbb

Legendary Member
Yesterday's commute.
14 miles in, mostly slightly uphill, no showers at work so I tend to reign myself in and try not to overheat. Good ride in, a couple modestly close passes but otherwise all quiet.
Home run...its too nice to miss the chance of an extended ride so off home via some country lanes from Alconbury to Upton, Coppingford, Sawtry to Peterborough.
One Little Egret at Sawtry Fen and surprisingly not one red kite over a farm near Stilton...you can occasionally see 20 or 30 of them congregating over some particular fields...i suspect someone is feeding them on a regular basis....but not yesterday obviously :tongue:

Circa 35 miles total.

Top Bottom