Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
43.6km +652m

Amazing views into the cloud filled valleys today, from Ide Hill and elsewhere. Couldn't stop, going to quickly ;)

Them:

IMG_9164.JPG

:laugh:

gaijintendo

Veteran
Was a quite damp on the ride home. Luckily i missed the rain. Kool stop Dura 2 pads worked a lot better than expected with all that groundwater. Fair number of cyclists out on the road, at one point i was even part of a small convoy of 6 or 7 cyclists. However most of them headed towards old street while i was left with two others heading towards Islington so the convoy was rather short lived.

Nothing much happened apart from a random guy who couldn't wait to get past me and put his foot down and pulled past me very quickly only to stop behind a queue at a set of lights 30 meters ahead. I dont understand why some folk feel the need to do this

I often worry, when I'm in a rush to get to work, or pick the kids up, that people think I'm racing them; I am just terrible at time management.

Simontm

Veteran
Nice misty ride in this morning over the park but nippy. This was followed by a lovely warm sunny ride back home with only some wind.
Numpty count:0

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Bleedin' rain. Made for a very damp commute this morning. However it was very warm out there. Traffic all snarled up in SE London for some reason.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Bleedin' rain. Made for a very damp commute this morning. However it was very warm out there. Traffic all snarled up in SE London for some reason.

Yes, very warm. I went for bib shorts and a soft shell jacket which was a little on the warm side, but I thought it might be windy along the coastal path. I think I would have been cold without the jacket but very glad I didn't choose longs this morning!

I managed to avoid the rain, but the surface water made it a damp commute anyway. It was quite gloomy though, time to start using the lights in the morning I think.

si_c

Guru
Lovely and warm this morning. Still in a short sleeve jersey with fingerless gloves, long may it continue. Was dry until about 3 miles from work when the heavens opened, couldn't see properly from the spray and got something in my eye which is still annoying me now. All my clothes are over the radiator in the changing room drying out.

Sixmile

Veteran
A long sleeve base and a jersey was perfect for this morning. I'd a mile or so of fog though and the temperature fairly dips in it!

Then after about 5 miles, I was riding through a mini roundabout. Checked right, no cars, I see left that there are a few coming up to the junction. Fella in a black Kia just keeps on coming through, right in front of me. His window is down and he hears and acknowledges my 'woowww ya hallion ye'. A mile later I draw up beside him at the junction and calmly say that he nearly cleaned me out back there. He apologises and says he's on his way to hospital and his head is up his derriere. I was tempted to say that I could've been on my way to hospital too but he stuck his hand out and I gave him a high five and away we went. Hopefully he'll look next time at that roundabout!

Tin Pot

Guru

SE Trains on the blink - I got notification Sunday night, drove instead. Not too bad for me as I was going south.

Buying new tyres and leaving them at work instead of fitting them, and taking the seat pack off with the spare tube in to adjust the saddle, forgetting to put it back on. When it's miserable and raining and you have a bit of a hangover..

..that's too open an invitation for the p******e fairies and of course they duly visited me half way in

Top Bottom