Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Glad you were able to see the humour in it... That road looked familiar, but I have to assume it is because it had featured before on here.

It will have done - it's a dumb corner and dumb drivers like to overtake on it. I do try to get out into a primary on it but sometimes (clearly in this case) I ain't wide enough!

John_S

Über Member
It felt really warm today although I was completely over dressed which was my mistake for not paying complete attention to the weather forecast.

Following a few recent morning commutes with temperatures around 6 degrees I was sort of in a Monday morning autumn auto pilot this morning and just put on my arm warmers and gilet without really thinking about it too much.

However when I got going I was really hot and noticed that the bike computer said 13 degrees and so I regretted not having looked at the temperature before setting off.

Despite this I'm absolutely not complaining about a nice, dry and warm day and I'm really enjoying what maybe the last of the nice weather for the year.

rivers

How far can I go?
Back from holiday number two of the month and it felt good to be out on the bike again. I left for work early, so it was a lights and hi vis/rain jacket (most of my cycling clothes are black, so when it's dark, I wear it for contrast) on this morning. Good thing I had my jacket on as it pissed it down the entire way to work. The weather report lied! Unless it changed overnight, which is likely. I had a gentle meander to and from work, but somehow managed to smash my time up the hill at work. Knobber first bus driver passed me with less than a metre of room to spare, causing a bit of a wobble on my home.

Simontm

Veteran
Wet ride in. Not because of the rain - jacket dealt with that-it was hot so my top got soaked underneath! Rain so less cyclists more cars but they were well behaved this morning.
Fast ride home, I think I caught a tail wind. Three of us overtook a learner on the way up Priory which was a surprise - to me anyway.
Numpty count: 0

si_c

Guru
Nice smooth ride home, aside from the slight headwind it was near perfect riding conditions, neither too hot nor cold, the roads were slightly damp but nothing to slow down over.

Extended the ride out to 20 odd miles, very pleasant.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
It's supposed to be spring here, but the chill of winter kinda lingers... ***
It was about 3° during my ride to work a short while ago.

*** with apologies to Not The Nine O'clock News. ;)

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I decided to drive into Bristol today for a short meeting first thing, chiefly so that I'd get back to my office in South Glos quicker than cycling back.

As I sat in the traffic queuing down the M32 into the city centre, a masked hoodied person walked down the motorway on the other side, picked up a stone & threw it at the cars. It hit mine (no damage apparent).

Although I rang the police to report a pedestrian on the motorway I couldn't help but think I deserved it a bit, single occupancy 4x4 (although not a gaz-guzzling model) contributing to choking the city. :sad: Although stoning the cars is a bit extreme..

Bring on the Metrobus.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Riding behind a very silly motorist this morning - who decided to stop dead - just past a junction, just to light a cigarette.

Then she decides to zoom off, just as I overtake her.

L Q

Über Member
Cracking ride home tonight, going along nicely at 17 mph and a bloke on a hybrid overtakes me whilst texting. He was going some so I put the pedal down and for the next 7 miles I kept at 20-22mph, I think he regretted overtaking me as he looked like he was struggling for a while but he looked behind and could see I was still behind so he gave it everything to shake me off, I kept up the whole way ^_^

I would have gone ahead and let him get a tow from me but I don't think he was having any off it.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Cracking ride home tonight, going along nicely at 17 mph and a bloke on a hybrid overtakes me whilst texting. He was going some so I put the pedal down and for the next 7 miles I kept at 20-22mph, I think he regretted overtaking me as he looked like he was struggling for a while but he looked behind and could see I was still behind so he gave it everything to shake me off, I kept up the whole way ^_^

I would have gone ahead and let him get a tow from me but I don't think he was having any off it.

There's nothing better than a bit of friendly competition on the way back from work ^_^ When I'm on days I normally bump into a guy I know half way back to my house and the race is on :bicycle:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What looked like a nasty accident on the A21 into work this morning. Motorbike all smashed up, motorcyclist being tended to in the road. Looked like a classic motorbike overtake then car pulling out of side road collision. The motorcyclist looked in a bad way so I hope he's ok.

Top Bottom