Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Definitely chillier tonight on the way home, still in shorts and fingerless gloves but probably for not much longer.

Same here. Was in shorts and SS shirt for both this morning and this evening - but not for long. LS shirts are at the ready.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Still fairly warm on the ride back from work this morning, the winds weren't half as bad as they were yesterday! Just finished my last night shift got two days off to have a decent ride out somewhere :bicycle:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Chilly this morning on the B2B into the city. Soon have to get the lights on.
Hope the roadworks at the end of Cattle Market Road won't be going on too long but the junction does need a redesign now the road is one way but I hope they manage to get it right.

Got a bit miffed at daft motorcyclist last night who decided to squeeze his machine past the concrete bollards and rode it along the segregated cycle path. Lazy sod obviously couldn't be bothered to go another way around.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Been sent to work south of Bicester for a couple of days and I've been put in the Travelodge at Cherwell Valley Services. Thanks to Google Maps I found a bridleway running nearby to avoid the A43 so the Giant flatbar went in the car boot.

13 miles each way (once I'd got the bike over the boundry fence and through the bushes) and most pleasently surprised by how much space was given by all traffic on very busy roads.

The local workers thought I was mad when I told them how I'd got in and the route taken!

Simontm

Veteran
Headwind in and headwind out-some chicanery from @ianrauk or other such east-siders I suspect :angry:;)
A nothing Ride except:Numpty count:1 WVM turning right just before Kingston gate, pulled out across me. That's OK, he mouthed an apology as I managed to steer around the back of him rather than through his side while complimenting him on his driving skills* :angry:

*or some words to that effect :whistle: ^_^

L Q

Über Member
1st time this year I have had to put the lights on, depressing.

Roll on the lighter nights again.

13 rider

Guru
Leg warmers on for the first time since April :cold: this morning . Bit of SCR coming home past 3 teenagers just leaving high school they sped up and were on my wheel so accelerated up the incline out of the Village and dropped them :becool: . Got held up at the roundabout so they caught up . Another effort from me dropped again but I was quite deprived when I heard 1of them say right here as I was going straight on and now could relax the effort and revert to normal pace

rivers

How far can I go?
The layers are coming out. Leg warmers on and a light baselayer under my jersey and long socks! Lights are also on as well. New hours at work started today (9-5 instead of 8-4), and the increase in traffic is crazy! I'll have to leave a few minutes earlier as I needed to slow it down a bit due to more children, pedestrians, dog walkers, and other cyclists on the B2B. Once I was past Staple Hill, it was pretty smooth sailing until Oldland Common., Once past Avon Valley, back to smooth sailing again.
One numpty on the way home outside Temple Meads. Decided he was in the wrong lane, didn't bother to look and nearly took me out as he changed lanes. Only stopped his manoeuvre when I shouted... He didn't like that

Tin Pot

Guru
I may have gotten a little too excited by the prospect of getting a cx bike...and taken a bit of a detour too far...

...As I rolled my 25mm Pro rubinos across the field through the cows towards a bull with foot long horns.

I didn't stop for photos of the bull, nor the sudden hiss of air from my front tyre, but here's some more of where thou shalt not take a roadie:

IMG_9229.JPG
IMG_9231.JPG
IMG_9232.JPG
IMG_9233.JPG

:laugh:

Randombiker9

This was around 8.00-8.30am and 4.30pm-5pm:
In a crossing a car stopped right in the middle of a toucan crossing. (That driver must of also been distracted)
Cycling was fine earlier apart from two times had a close call due (but I managed to stop in time) to drivers on their mobile (once way home (junction signald) and made eye contact but he did not give way.) other was on way to (mini roundabout van driver didn't indicate). Both these times afterwards I looked back and saw they were on their mobile. Why can't drivers just NOT use their mobiles. Why do they not get it's illegal to use a mobile whist driving.? it's annoying when drivers disobey the rules but you get used to it. I don't say anything as what's the point of catching up and talking to a driver unless you want a argument.

Top Bottom