Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
On my way home last night, came across this:
IMG_1846.JPG

While I was on the phone to the police reporting it (it was stolen & dumped), a couple of local chavs came towards me on another motorbike and exited left so I didn't note the reg. It had a number plate, so most likely was nicked as the local chavs always remove the licence plates if it's their machine. What are the chances of a (probably) stolen motorbike coming along while reporting another?.

There have been a spate of motorbike thefts here in Bristol, so much so that hundreds of bikers rode through the city last weekend in protest. It wasn't there this morning, so hopefully someone has been reunited with their property.

rivers

How far can I go?
On my way home last night, came across this:
View attachment 377036
While I was on the phone to the police reporting it (it was stolen & dumped), a couple of local chavs came towards me on another motorbike and exited left so I didn't note the reg. It had a number plate, so most likely was nicked as the local chavs always remove the licence plates if it's their machine. What are the chances of a (probably) stolen motorbike coming along while reporting another?.

There have been a spate of motorbike thefts here in Bristol, so much so that hundreds of bikers rode through the city last weekend in protest. It wasn't there this morning, so hopefully someone has been reunited with their property.

I think I cycled by you as you were on the phone with the police.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Blimey. I got hit by a mental heavy 5 minute cloudburst on the commute in this morning. Drowned rat comes to mind. I tried to shelter under some trees but the wind was swirling the rain around all over the place. As quickly as it started it also stopped. The rest of the ride is was dry apart from wet roads. Mad.

Lol, Something was up with the A1 this morning causing traffic to divert through town and there's a lot of road works just now, the perfect storm, leading to several miles of traffic queues. Just now I'm coming into town via the main road and its cycle lanes and with the congestion I was probably forced into the gutter more but I progressing quite smoothly by the queues overtaking on the outside when some muppets blocked the cycle lane after a bit I got a safe gap to cut back into the cyclelane. Then that dreaded sound, pssss Damm a front p'ture changed that and was probably still faster than the drivers but only by 5 mins if I hadn't of had the unscheduled deflation I would've been 15mins ahead.
What is notable whilst Ive p'tured a few times after work (or at least had to change the tube then) this was the first time in 15 years I've had to stop and change one on the way to work

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Expecting heavy rain first thing but the blue sky began to appear as I left home. Heading north I found myself under the grey cloud again but it was merciful. I'd only have had about a mile or two out of ten in the wet stuff, and that in the middle of the ride so chances are I'd have been dry again on arriving at work. Close pass from a Mini... why do smaller cars often think they can just squeeze past ? Let it go...

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Temperature is definitely starting to drop on the early hour commute's, winds not bad at all which I was happy about! Most of the leaves and conkers also seem to have been cleared from the main roads to work so no dodgy moments either :biggrin:

bonker

Guru
There seemed to be an awful lot of people changing inner tubes along the side of the CS7 through Balham/ Tooting this morning. Is there a tale behind this or is it just the mass of debris building up on the unswept roads taking its toll?

bonker

Guru
1st day back following a week's break due to chest infection.

Deliberately took it easy as still not 100%. What a joy taking it easy is. An extra 5 mins over a 12 mile commute but without the heightened stress. Just chillaxed all the way.
I did a similar thing this morning (no illness) but took it easy and enjoyed the ride. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the Garmin and saw my time was only a minute slower than usual. It's the old adage holding true( round here anyway) that you are just racing to stop at the next set of lights.

John_S

Über Member
It was chilly this morning!

Over the last couple of weeks I've often been on autumn auto pilot and I've ended up over dressing and over heating on the ride to work in the morning.

However today I did put my gilet on and I ended up regretting it because it was chilly and the wind was cold today. My Garmin said 5 degrees and I definitely noticed that it felt cold.

Very chilly today so thought I'd try my new winter shoes....splendidly warm and I think I got the cleat position about right. Might have to raise the seat a touch as I think the soles are a little thicker.

Splendid moon as well on the ride in!

Randombiker9

Every time I cycle up near the 2nd shopping area in my area. That these teenagers are always picking on me. Today they actually tried to knock me off my bike but failed. (With their bikes) What should I do? They keep saying rude stuff. (Had to stop cycling and go home because of this).

Top Bottom