Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another get well soon @kevin_cambs_uk , I know how painful and inconvenient spills like that can be.
Yesterday was very wet, today not that bad only surface frost on the cycleways and the odd frozen puddle which was easy to dodge.I used the 29er today with over 2 inches wide rubber. Of course the first 2 cyclists I met were showing how double hard they were by cycling on road bikes skinny tyres and in shorts. Rather you than me I thought.

Another get well soon @kevin_cambs_uk , I know how painful and inconvenient spills like that can be.
Yesterday was very wet, today not that bad only surface frost on the cycleways and the odd frozen puddle which was easy to dodge.I used the 29er today with over 2 inches wide rubber. Of course the first 2 cyclists I met were showing how double hard they were by cycling on road bikes skinny tyres and in shorts. Rather you than me I thought.

Thanks mate
The bus was slower than Cycling but hopefully back on the bike tomorrow!

rivers

How far can I go?

I also saw a couple of utters in shorts today. But I also ride a road bike so.... 1/2 a nutter I guess

AlanW

Guru
Well after yesterdays truly horrific ride into work, when I came out of work I saw a woman slip on the ice. I stopped to help her with another guy and her ankle was at 90 degrees to her leg, and boy oh boy, how much screaming was she doing!! The ambulance service couldnt give a time when they could get to her either which I understand. But the poor woman was lying in deep snow and wouldnt let us move her. But some of her friends from work went and fetched blankets for her, so I sneaked away.

Needless to say I rode home with a touch more caution after witnessing that!

And this morning at -8 c, I wimped out and decided to enjoy the delights of a heater and heated seats.

si_c

Guru
Still a brisk -2 starting off this morning, dropping to -5 again once out of town, found it really really hard to get any pace up this morning. Pulled over and found the rear caliper had seized up, and wasn't returning to the fully open position. Slackened the cable off entirely, and pushed the caliper into the open position. Much easier.

Otherwise nice and toasty, tried the winter jacket, but massively overkill, totally roasting when I got in.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Packed hard snow and ice - perfect conditions for the tyres. Even more trees down today and had to lift the bike over most of them

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Met Office is displaying a possible low of -8 for tomorrow morning... Will report temperature recorded on the thermometer nailed to my fence before I leave tomorrow.

Nah, it was -2

Bit icy, not too bad on the treated parts, bit of re-frozen snow melt here and there.

Also arrived and found the site was closed, but so many of us made it here we decided to stay.

Top Bottom