Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hop3y

Padiham Commuter

Attachments

• IMG_3173.JPG
    IMG_3173.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 25

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
It was a grim one yesterday but I still prefer cycling than being stuck in gridlock :laugh: Need to get some fun miles in next week,nearly all of this years mileage is commuter !

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Today, I found out that my Giant TCR fits in the back of our Hyundai i10 with the seats down & the passenger seat fully forward without taking any of the wheels off the bike !

After dropping the said i10 for a service & MOT I then rode the 5 miles or so to work in the sunshine. Five minutes after arriving at the office it was lashing down :tongue:

Thomson

Got to work this morning a total joy took it real easy goin down the hill. tonight after a hour late in a rush to get home left the yard and it was mega windy. Tongue was stuck to forehead after a few minutes.

Still a dream. :-)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Trains on the main line between where I live and where I work were badly delayed today for <insert lame excuse here>.

Oh, wait, I forgot to mention: because I've bicycle-commuted on every working day for almost 8 years, this little disaster didn't affect me one jot! :laugh:

For the last 13 years I have been cycle commuting all the way to work.
Now I have moved further away from my work place I have to do the Bike/Train/Bike thing.
It's not great :angry:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Chilly start today with the odd patch of ice here and there, found my Thinsulate hat in the drawer this moring as the woolly one seems to be leaking heat (either that, or having my hair shaved off is making me feel the cold....)
Week off next week:smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What a beautiful, gorgeous, bright, crisp, blue sky sunny morning. Makes all crap weather during the past couple of months a distant memory. Fingers crossed we will see less precipitation from now on. It's days like this that makes the cycle commute all that much better.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Mist for several miles. Fog for a few less. Rain throughout; light, then heavy then light again. Heating still on at work, so up with the thermostat on a couple of radiators and see if I can get my washing line of clothes dry before the office starts to fill up.
Bike is going to need more than a baby wipe when I get home. :angry:

si_c

Guru
Lovely run in this morning, very slight tailwind, and relatively clear roads meant I averaged just under 20mph for the first time for a while on the way in. Bumped into one of the regular commuters so had company for a short while, then his rear mech seized up and he had to bail for the train, more or less at the exact same point it happened to me a couple of weeks ago.

Top Bottom