Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sixmile

Veteran
Cold start but dry roads and even more traffic than yesterday to pass. I had a few more than usual bus lane encroachers, who veered in front of me with no warning. The temptation of a clear bus lane is just to great for some motorists! Not quite as impressive as above but this morning sees me pass the 500 mile mark for the year.

si_c

Guru
Third rapid commute in a row. Nice weather again, not too cold, about 5°, still half term as well, so hardly any cars on the road.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hooray, at last, nice dry roads and a lovely sunrise. It was a nice blue sky, chilly commute this morning. Long term weather forecast is for the same for at least a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed that is the case.
The continual wet weather is really starting to get me down now. I've not known anything like it in recent years.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Cold ride in this morning! Had an interesting incident when a chap let me pull into the right hand lane approaching a roundabout then obviously decided he wanted to be in front so proceeded to undertake me on the roundabout... Imagine my glee when I spotted the pillock pulling in to my works car park just round the corner I immediately noticed a company name emblazoned on his top as he exited the car so I dropped their office an email when I got to my desk :becool: Apparently he's very sorry :laugh:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Have to say after the bad commute home a couple of days ago, the last two journeys home have been the best of the year so far. Half term; just getting the timing right; planets aligning; whatever, I don't care. I'll take it every time.
Pleasant late afternoon sunshine, cool air, no wind or rain, traffic considerably lighter, courteous drivers, plenty in the legs if the need arose. Commutes to savour and to try to banish the memories of the all too frequent this winter's wet and windy ones.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Got home tonight, jumped off the bike to turn off the rear lights, both of them were off. I'd ridden 20 miles in the dark on them :rolleyes:

Luckily a fair bit of the route was cycle paths but I did do a few miles on Melton Road, surprised I never got abuse from any drivers.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Now this is more like it. Nice, dry and a cold nip in the air. It makes for a very nice commute. Most enjoyable. Had a bit of a northerly headwind giving me jip but will mean a nice gentle push home.

Sixmile

Veteran
Decent conditions but my legs felt that this morning. Quite a slow ride in but I think I'll have a wee bit of wind behind me on the way home later, and it's got nothing to do with what I'm having for lunch.

Thomson

Great cycle to work today. Much lighter these last few mornings. Out of town down the slope and can see hills for miles one side and the other a few hills and then the coast.
Birds singing as I get the bike out the shed.
Started seeing a few more cyclists this week aswell.
Few more guys at work cycling in now. One guy does 10 miles most days another guy does 18 miles there and back everyday.

Good day :-).

Randombiker9

to be honest had a close call with a coach but i don't know if this was my fault or the drivers fault or both because.

it's hard to explain but it's a weird layout:
random.png

That's the layout

So basically i was about to turn. (The RC random cyclist just said to go) So i just went forward and as the bus was blocking the view. So it looked clear for me to turn that's when i noticed the coach and it randomly just stopped in the middle of the road even though i stopped to let it go pass (it wasn't indicating and from the wheels it looked like he was going straight into the pavement towards the other cyclist if he was going to turn shouldn't the indicators been on by then? So i had to go round him because i couldn't go any other way except straight because i wasnt sure what he was doing.
ps CRSH means coach randomly stops here

So any ideas?

ps but least some drivers are fine like as i was in bus lane another bus was in 2nd lane but he just came from a roundabout and he was about to switch lanes but i think he checked his mirrors because when he noticed me he slowed down and didn't switch lanes till traffic light changed green.

Last edited:
Top Bottom