Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Maybe it's just me getting tired at the end of the week, but it felt cold today. :cold:

Nope, it is bleedin' cold.
Great cycling weather though.

Sixmile

Veteran
First road bike commute of the year and still I felt sluggish. I obviously have gotten used to the comfort of the hybrid as that was an uncomfortable ride in! The good news is the forecast is for an 18mph tailwind on the way home tonight!

si_c

Guru
Bit nippier this morning, -2°C when I got to work. Fairly steady ride in though, despite the slight headwind, and every fscking traffic light being red. Was 10mins late for my 9am meeting.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Tried a different footpath route yesterday and could not believe the amount of dog p@@ along it , will avoid that route for the future and stick to my normal one
You wonder what some of these people feed their mutts on sometimes:wacko:, and if they've been taking dogwalking lessons from Stevie Wonder (who must be a busy man giving all those private driving lessons as well;)).

si_c

Guru
Part of my extended commute home leads me along a path through a sheep field. I often ride back with a friend and a rule of thumb is don't open your mouth if it's been raining, especially if you're at the back.

It's pretty grim.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Did not feel as cold as I had been expecting, although I suspect that may in part have been psychological, due to the dry air and frost being visible only in certain places such as the local road flooded twice every day by a farmer.
Monday morning legs, coupled with most of the journey into the breeze, made it harder work. More traffic, possibly signifying the end of half term holidays. :sad:
Saw the break of dawn for the first time in months on a commute. :okay:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Coming home up the Bristol railway Path on Friday evening, just thinking it was a nice commute, crescent moon in the sky, then got onto the flat section in Fishponds and had to swerve to avoid some twat racing an off road motorbike along the path. Must have been doing about 40mph, no lights...:cursing:

Sixmile

Veteran
My better half ran the car dry on Saturday night and had to be recovered to a mechanics. Not so bad, but my bike, lights and clothing from Fridays commute is in the back of the car. Thank goodness for that second bike, a few bits of extra gear, lights that I hadn't used yet and a helmet that hasn't seen daylight in years.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's a bit dispiriting old bean. 31 in a year is not bad though. What's the least and most you've had, I know you keep goods records.

I only started noting rain days in 2012. As you can see it all pretty much similar year after year. Which isn't a huge amount considering. I do find it bizarre that 2016 & 2017 have the same amount of rainy days.

Over all.
2012 - 45 rain commutes out of 354 commutes
2013 - 39 / 373
2014 - 45 / 378
2015 - 35 / 450
2016 - 31 / 454
2017 - 31 / 432

Top Bottom