Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ywykTK2.jpg

Delivering cake this morning for charity bake event. Had a right laugh with these Marathon Winter tyres. Over taking stranded cars basically the whole 1 hour journey. 2 wheels powered by human muscle reigned supreme today!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I know, its my best bike!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hope it's not serious for you bud, what's up? I don't wear a helmet but a mate at work keeps badgering me about it. He's a very accomplished rider who competes too. He's had 3 off in the last 3-4 years where he's hit his head. One where a car pulled across him while he was at 20mph and he flew over the bonnet hitting his head on the windscreen. And recently a pedestrian stepped out into his path from between cars. He hit the deck and was unconscious for 90 seconds and didn't know where he was or why when he came round.

He's making me think.
The 'helmet' thing has been mentioned multiple times so far. I'm not going to turn this into a helmet debate on the forum but at this point I think my injuries wouldn't have been much different if I had been wearing one, except maybe my neck/spine damage could have been worse??? Who knows, I don't regret not wearing one and at this point don't have an inclination to start wearing one in the future. Wife is saying different!

The 'helmet' thing has been mentioned multiple times so far. I'm not going to turn this into a helmet debate on the forum but at this point I think my injuries wouldn't have been much different if I had been wearing one, except maybe my neck/spine damage could have been worse??? Who knows, I don't regret not wearing one and at this point don't have an inclination to start wearing one in the future. Wife is saying different!
Point is, your skull did was it was meant to do, and protected your brain!

Sixmile

Veteran
I decided to drive the first few miles of the commute this morning to check the roads plus the Seasucker was still attached from a few days back. The roads looked fine so I parked the car, took the bike off the roof and got ready. After quickly losing feeling in my fingers, I got back into the car and started the engine for a bit of heat and finished getting layered up with the warmth blasting. Once on the bike I was fine but made me think what do the guys who commute in -15 regularly do for layers? There's no way I could do this kind of weather days or week on end. A very cold day or a few chilly ones is a bit of a novelty but there's no way I could be putting on 21 items of clothing (i counted what I wore today!) to ride to work. Bring on the spring!!!

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

No intention of having/starting a debate. I don't wear one and hate them, uncomfortable and sweaty.

Neck and spine damage? Blimey, I hope it's minor and heals.

I'm fine. Fractured skull and neck broken in two places but my dashing good looks survived!
@feck , you don't do things by halves do you , seriously if theres owt I can do, let me know, and look after the neck and make sure you do as they tell you , trust me , I know, and I only broke it it one place, hope you heal well and heal fast.

Slick

Guru
Can't blame her really. GWS though and condolences for the bike. Better the bike than you though.

Top Bottom