Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Missing it already, I like riding in the snow.
It was fun with the fixie and watching people’s faces as I passed them riding in shorts !!!!!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
A little snow this morning, quickly disappeared

M230juh.jpg

Randombiker9

there was bit of snow on ground so i didn't cycle today because it was supposed to snow more but annoying the bus was late and half way through route it decided to break down as everyone heard a loud noise (didn't know if it crashed or was some other reason) and bus driver just got out and turned out to be a bursted tire i think. Me and two other friends who were on the same bus wasn't going to walk as it was too cold - degress. So we decided to go and get a drink in a nearby cafe (After one of us called college saying we were going to be late) whilst waiting for another bus but this was the worst place to break down as none of the traffic could go straight.
i guess there was someone nearby in mechcanics or engineering close by or a passenger that works in those areas (because it wasn't highway matience or police as it said visitor on the back)as when we got off there was someone checking the underneath and tires of the bus and someone other person directing traffic to turn etc... But after that the bus managed to reverse back to the previous stop dunno know how if they had a flat tire and the driver turned the heading to not in service and that's when a highway matience van came to help. But we just ended up waiting for another bus and didn't get to college till 9.30

Last edited:

Katherine

Guru
I'm fine. Fractured skull and neck broken in two places but my dashing good looks survived!

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you for a good recovery.

Wobblers

Euthermic
I'm fine. Fractured skull and neck broken in two places but my dashing good looks survived!

Phew, bullet dodged there :wacko:

Heal well and quickly.

PS: you're right about the helmet: once you're into fractured skull territory, realistically, the forces involved are larger than what a helmet is designed to cope with. Just as well it was your head and not anything important, eh? :whistle:

(Edited for typos)

Last edited:
Top Bottom