Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

overmind

My other bike is a Pinarello
I'm not sure this qualifies as commuting but perhaps it does.

I had to rescue my son last night. He had ridden home along the Kennet and Avon canal and got a puncture near Aldermaston Wharf. He did not have any tools or puncture repair equipment so I grabbed some tools and rode out to rescue him. I ended up finding him near Theale Lock. Fixed the puncture on the side of the road (replaced innertube) in the dark and rode back on the roads (no way I was going back down the canal over the muddy fields (I might have fallen in :-( )

It was a bit of an adventure though unpleasant and a bit muddy.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
PS Hate driving into work, and hate driving defensively all the time... hard work. As you know I used to ride...
I had to get over to the Childrens hospital during rush hour for my little tinker and I realised people do this everyday ! How they have the will to live doing that day in,day out baffles me !

bonker

Guru
CS7 through Tooting and Balham a dream today, closed to cars thanks a broken water main and flooding yesterday. Feel sorry for those affected by the water problems but having no traffic on a major road is a real eye opener to the havoc cars create. If that route was closed to cars permanently you would have 10s of 1,000 of people cycling into London.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well the weather man said hail, and it didn't:smile: A fast ride along the A30 means I'm getting a tough headwind home, but it's the last one of the week, roll on some leisure riding

Randombiker9

i cycled around a little to drop my prescription and get a few things. Nice to see the buses are actually paying attention to cyclists now.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Tailgated - this car surged up way too close to me this morning. Reported online to A&S Police. No notion of any stopping distance whatsoever.
WR65XXY.jpg

dhd.evans

Veteran
Tailgated - this car surged up way too close to me this morning. Reported online to A&S Police. No notion of any stopping distance whatsoever. View attachment 399025

White female under 30 driver by any chance?

Randombiker9

Something i forgot to mention. When went to the pharmacy and came out of park shortcut i noticed there was a Highway matience van in the way but there were no signs but i noticed something was weird as it was wet where it normally isn't. But there was something like a flat blue hose in the way and it was wet. i can't bunny hop as i can't pedal whilst standing due to hypotonia. So my tires went over it and it was fine as i have a hybrid. But this could of caused a hazard especially for some of you who have road bikes which are skinner. Shouldn't they the Highway matience put something up as a warning as you could see till you get past the van plus there van was blocking a lane. Whats your opinion of that?

Less a km from work when the front tire went flat. Nice gentleman (Doug) in a pickup stopped to offer assistance. I put my bicycle in the box and he drove me the last little bit. He works for the same company as I do but in a different department. He nicely offered to take me and my bicycle home at the end of the day.
Both a terrible and a nice start to the day.

Found the inner tube to be defective. Butyl is separating from the metal of the stem.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
As expected, the 'Pest From The West' was well and truly against me on the way home, so I altered my route to avoid the slog along the A30, coming home around Stanwell Moor instead. The small puddles yesterday had become BIG puddles overnight, and my feet just about stayed dry. Glad to get home tonight although somewhat worn out. Justified the bowl of Crunchy Nut cornflakes though:hungry:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wow, the weather Gods decide to play chilly this morning. Schoolboy error by not checking the thermometer before I left. Rolled out the door at 7am to 2°. Having had the shock of colder weather then for the rest of this weeks commute, Ran back inside and grabbed another LS jersey and a beanie to put on over my cycle cap.
At least it's dry and the roads are dry. It made fro a quicker then usual Friday Brompton commute.

Top Bottom