Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
It was warm today, i went with long-sleeve top and autumn gloves instead of winter jacket. Positively balmy, i almost went with 3/4 bib longs too!

si_c

Guru
Unseasonably warm today, despite the endless rain. Rode in with a shortsleeve base layer and jersey, spring gloves and the lightweight leg warmers and was plenty warm enough!

Couple more weeks and I'll be able to ditch the leg and arm warmers entirely hopefully!

si_c

Guru
So glad I gave the bike a good clean yesterday - the new grit and mud has stuck to it really nicely.

I know. I was half thinking on the way in I didn't need to wash the bike yesterday given how wet it got this morning, but then when I was locking it up I saw how filthy it was.

straas

Matt
I've just switched back to my regular commuter, I was on the MTB for a few weeks whilst getting the commuter fixed.

There really is a word of difference between disc and rim brakes in the wet - rim brakes are ruuuuuuuuuuubbish.

si_c

Guru
I've just switched back to my regular commuter, I was on the MTB for a few weeks whilst getting the commuter fixed.

There really is a word of difference between disc and rim brakes in the wet - rim brakes are ruuuuuuuuuuubbish.

Yeah, I'm really loathe to ever go back.

C R

Guru
Back to the office after working away for two weeks. Was looking forward to getting back on the bike. Half way through my usual route I find the cycle path is closed, for the next seven weeks! None of the alternatives look particularly attractive, not yet sure what I am going to do. Grrrrrrr!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Mildly moist in the way in last night, bit of rain an headwind all the way made for hard work. Absolutely chucking it down as I got ready to leave this morning, but by the time I was on the bike it had all stopped. Fast ride home with the wind behind me.

Looking to ride in tomorrow but just seen that the Trent is flooded. Decision to be made in the morning as I have to transport my laptop.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Wet roads on the way in thanks to a thunderstorm yesterday evening and further showers overnight followed by yet more drizzle on the way home. I'd just like to do more than one day of commuting without having to clean & re-lube the chain afterwards.

Top Bottom