Tales from today's commute....

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by martint235, 28 Jun 2012.

1. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

We can only wish and hope

skudupnorth likes this.
  2. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One..... Moderator

Well the weather man said hail, and it didn't:smile: A fast ride along the A30 means I'm getting a tough headwind home, but it's the last one of the week, roll on some leisure riding

skudupnorth likes this.
  3. I know the feeling,all I seem to do is commute mileage and no fun stuff at the moment :sad:

cosmicbike likes this.
  4. Randombiker9

Randombiker9 Well-Known Member

i cycled around a little to drop my prescription and get a few things. Nice to see the buses are actually paying attention to cyclists now.

5. Arjimlad

Arjimlad Tights of Cydonia

Tailgated - this car surged up way too close to me this morning. Reported online to A&S Police. No notion of any stopping distance whatsoever. WR65XXY.jpg

Bazzer, skudupnorth and dhd.evans like this.
  6. dhd.evans

dhd.evans Über Member

White female under 30 driver by any chance?

7. Randombiker9

Randombiker9 Well-Known Member

Something i forgot to mention. When went to the pharmacy and came out of park shortcut i noticed there was a Highway matience van in the way but there were no signs but i noticed something was weird as it was wet where it normally isn't. But there was something like a flat blue hose in the way and it was wet. i can't bunny hop as i can't pedal whilst standing due to hypotonia. So my tires went over it and it was fine as i have a hybrid. But this could of caused a hazard especially for some of you who have road bikes which are skinner. Shouldn't they the Highway matience put something up as a warning as you could see till you get past the van plus there van was blocking a lane. Whats your opinion of that?

8. Arjimlad

Arjimlad Tights of Cydonia

I didn't notice, truth be told - just glad when the car could get past. It was a lovely wide safe pass when it happened though :wacko:

dhd.evans likes this.
  9. hennbell

hennbell Über Member

Less a km from work when the front tire went flat. Nice gentleman (Doug) in a pickup stopped to offer assistance. I put my bicycle in the box and he drove me the last little bit. He works for the same company as I do but in a different department. He nicely offered to take me and my bicycle home at the end of the day.
    Both a terrible and a nice start to the day.

Found the inner tube to be defective. Butyl is separating from the metal of the stem.

si_c likes this.
  10. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One..... Moderator

As expected, the 'Pest From The West' was well and truly against me on the way home, so I altered my route to avoid the slog along the A30, coming home around Stanwell Moor instead. The small puddles yesterday had become BIG puddles overnight, and my feet just about stayed dry. Glad to get home tonight although somewhat worn out. Justified the bowl of Crunchy Nut cornflakes though:hungry:

classic33 and Maverick Goose like this.
  11. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

Raced the extremely dark rain clouds tonight, and won :becool:

Sods law says I'll get drenched tomorrow.

12. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Wow, the weather Gods decide to play chilly this morning. Schoolboy error by not checking the thermometer before I left. Rolled out the door at 7am to 2°. Having had the shock of colder weather then for the rest of this weeks commute, Ran back inside and grabbed another LS jersey and a beanie to put on over my cycle cap.
    At least it's dry and the roads are dry. It made fro a quicker then usual Friday Brompton commute.

13. si_c

si_c Über Member

Nice weather in this morning, not raining, although the road was still damp. Bit of frost out.

It's been weather like this that was making me think it might be back to short sleeve jerseys and shorts soon, but then it snowed.

14. dhd.evans

dhd.evans Über Member

Much Friday leg, such sore, very tire. 13.8mph average.

15. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

It didn't rain this morning but the mist attacked me instead so I still arrived at work slightly damp.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice