Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I hate Trench Lane, it's the fastest way to work after dropping my daughter off at school.

There's always one impatient driver who can't overtake safely even when the car in front shows how it should be done.

IMG_20180508_130523.jpg

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Whoops. This from this morning in Loughborough Junction. Lorry crashed into bridge, road closed for hours, and trains stopped on line above until the bridge given the safety all clear. Commuter misery for those not on a bike^_^. Not @PeteXXX I hope:whistle:. I guess this is covered by the insurance, but I bet the driver had a uncomfortable call to his boss earlier. Does'nt seem like anyone was hurt thankfully.
KfTxYk8.jpg

sBPD0HW.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Whoops. This from this morning in Loughborough Junction. Lorry crashed into bridge, road closed for hours, and trains stopped on line above until the bridge given the safety all clear. Commuter misery for those not on a bike^_^. Not @PeteXXX I hope:whistle:. I guess this is covered by the insurance, but I bet the driver had a uncomfortable call to his boss earlier. Does'nt seem like anyone was hurt thankfully.
View attachment 408269
View attachment 408270
Not me in the truck or on the bike... It costs a fortune ( and usualy the driver his job) Engineers have to come out and check the bridge is safe to use etc etc.
All hgv have to have, by law, a correctly set height marker in the cab, so there’s not much excuse really, assuming the bridge was ‘advertised’.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Rained upon for most of the commute back last night. Bike and legs filthy, but made it home just before the clouds really dumped their load.

This morning a lot chillier than yesterday morning's commute. Full fingered gloves and zipped up jacket right up to the fringes of the city. The very low sun, chill and mists and fog were like riding at the end of September, not seven week or so from the longest day.

Randombiker9

yesterday was a pain in afternoon went up to park to do some photography and these same old school kids won't stop harrasing me and got to the point where they decided to knock my chain off and kick my bike etc... and throw my helmet around so
1. How do i know if my helmets broken because even though there's no cracks they kept throwing it around on the grass etc... till they threw it back at me so the foam could be damaged
2. My bike is making this weird noise like a slight clicking noise. By the back wheel but i just tested it as i thought it might be coming from the chain but i know it's not as i just stopped the chain moving and then spun back wheel and i can't tell if it's disc brakes on bearings (If there are bearings in the hub by disc brakes) as i know it's only coming from back wheel and it's not the spokes as their still straight. So didn't ride today as before the gears got stuck because those kids were also messing with the gears. So i'm wondering if that noise is also caused by those kids because my bike has been quiet and not made any noise. There's also slight chips in the frame from those kids. :sad:

Do you know?

rivers

How far can I go?
I extended my ride home last by about 30 miles, for a total of 47 miles, with some friends. We decided to head out to Clevedon for a hot chocolate. Loads of people had the same idea. Lovely ride, lovely evening. But now my legs have kindly asked me to take a break as I'm well over 100 miles for the week already.

C R

Guru
Weather a bit cooler than yesterday, but still bright. Nothing much of note, except a cyclist ahead of me was swerving around the path going up a hill, obviously struggling with the climb. I rung my bell a few times to make sure she knew I was coming, but didn't seem to hear me. Eventually she came to a stop, almost falling off the bike in front of me. Luckily I had anticipated that happening, and I could stop with no ill effects for either of us. She was very apologetic.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Took the car today - 70 miles in 3 days is a lot for me so I've given the legs a rest, 41 miles planned for tomorrow with commuting and a group ride in the afternoon with some colleagues :becool:

Top Bottom