Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The proverbial 'chalk and cheese'

Yesterday's Commute

Dry Doddington.JPG

And Today's
A Day.JPG

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Picked a bike up last night and after a quick once over early this morning thought i would use it for my commuting today to give it a shakedown , just need to sort out the front mech shifting other wise all ok

Ciar

Veteran
Been at home for two days as daughter number 1 hasn't been well. So today was the maiden voyage on the new commuter, talk about lovely, so nice to be back on a hybrid :smile:

Randombiker9

Morning fine. Decided to find out where a cycle path i've not been down went in afternoon ended to a dead end but the weird thing is bassically this was by a river and near a boat there was a hybrid bike with no sort of lock or anything and there was a hammer lying by that bike and flat head screwdriver and opposite their was just a bike frame lying down with no wheels or handlebars Just frame and fork with a a kids toy on top of it, something wooden and a small radiator. This seem weird, i have photos on my camera.
Do you guys think it's weird. Should police know about it or not?

Last edited:

Tom B

Guru
Riding home though one of the little villages today a SUV decides to overtake me, alongside she decides her Chelsea tractor wont fit past the oncoming car, so instead of standing on the brake she squeezes me into the ker, which was a bit rude. When she got even closer I slapped the window.

Half a mile down the road she decided to stop and offer me the benefit of her advice.

I just replied.... "If you are close enough for me to hit, hard, then you are too close love....tataa"

Last edited:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Some twonk in a Range Rover* undertook me at the exit of a roundabout only to join a queue a little later.

Nice day though.

*are they giving those farking things away or what? every other bastard seems to have one.

Sixmile

Veteran
School drop off day so it meant the usual, bike on the roof until I did the drop offs, drive toward work and pull over to ride the last 7 miles.

All good apart from an aul dear pulling in tight during her overtake. I was doing 25mph, she was just over 30mph I reckon. The picture below is when she started to pull in again.
fiesta.jpg

Randombiker9

1, So bassically i was going downhill in cycle path. Van which i think was highway matience or something similar) honked i was wondering why. looked back and a cyclist was overtaking me but he didn't check which is why the van honked i guess and this was near end of cycle path as i was coming out to take middle of lane up. So the van overtook and pull in closely to avoid hitting that cyclist who was still in the inside (there was no cycle path by then) coming up to a junction.
2. Bus ovetook during downhill and then pulled into bus stop. So i overtook it. I don't get point why overtake when your about to stop :tongue: Espeically if it's downhill.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I was riding through the woods at 4.30am this morning. Lovely weather in Denmark and great sunrise. I had my Exposure joystick on high beam and saw something running just ahead. I am used to seeing cats in the woods as there is a cottage halfway through. But this was a bit too "bouncy" to be a cat. Whatever it was left the road and I stopped and pointed my torch in the direction it had gone. About ten metres away in a little clearing the bouncy animal stopped, turned around and sat down to look at me.

It was a fox cub. Maybe a couple of months old.

Its the sort of picture wildlife photographers dream about. We looked at each other for a few seconds and then I made the first move by moving off. Hopefully, I will see it again but I doubt it.

It makes cycling in the freezing cold, through the winter all worth it.

si_c

Guru
After yesterdays summer rebuild the bike was a lot more fun to ride in today, felt a lot quicker and more responsive. Wasn't actually quicker though :laugh:

Loving the warm sunny ride in though. :sun:

Top Bottom