Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Amusing MGIF today along School Road which is 20mph and has sleeping policemen.

I'm doing less than 20 mph but keeping up with the car in front when a young lady in a small white Audi passes me with nowhere for her to go in front.

She has to exceed the speed limit to get past me, can't move back in and then flies over a sleeping policeman.

The car in front of us has, in the meanwhile, indicated left & pulls over at the side of the road with hazard lights on. Miss Audi only just notices in time, and has nowhere to go apart from stopping right behind the parked car, as I sail easily past both. It's probably all my fault because cyclists etc etc ...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hold on... what's with the rain this morning.
OK, it wasn't cold and no need for wet weather gear. But c'mon..... enough of the rain already.

Rainy commute # 31 for the year to date, for comparison, same period of time last year, only 10.
So with today's rain we have reached the same amount of rainy commutes as I had during the whole of 2017. 31.

Sixmile

Veteran
It's always an adventure on 'drop the kids off Thursdays'. After a slightly late drop off, I drove down to the post office to fire off a few ebay items before parking a few miles further up the road to make sure I got to work on time. Bike readied, gear on, car locked, then within 1/2 a mile my phone rings. The builder had arranged the plumber to call out today but there's no key left for him. Cue me taking a sharp right and bombing towards home on the bike, I knew I was only a 15 minute ride away as at that point it's all downhill. Keys handed over then it was a ride from home, 12.4 miles to work, back up the hills but now leaving at 9:45am. Thankfully our place is pretty flexible. I was actually tempted to just pull in at the nearest coffee shop and take an impromptu halfer. As it stands, I think i'll definitely take a half day tomorrow afternoon as that weather is just too good not to.

Hold on... what's with the rain this morning.
OK, it wasn't cold and no need for wet weather gear. But c'mon..... enough of the rain already.

Rainy commute # 31 for the year to date, for comparison, same period of time last year, only 10.
So with today's rain we have reached the same amount of rainy commutes as I had during the whole of 2017. 31.

Today was the first rainy commute of the year here on the Canadian prairies.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Another wet day another case of a flooded underpass

ff.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Blimey that was a muggy, warm commute this morning.
A little bit sweaty by the time I arrived at the station. So much so that I had to take my cap off ^_^
Got on the train, sat down......... the heating was on. :rolleyes:

rivers

How far can I go?
It was a bit of a wet commute this morning, so the winter bike came out of the shed for the first time in about a month. Blimey, I forgot how heavy it is with the panniers. Not too bad of a ride in through.

Numpties were out in force this morning, I was close passed on a narrow and blind corner with oncoming traffic with a solid white line. 5 minutes later, an asshat in a stupidly oversized SUV overtakes on another blind bend with oncoming traffic and has the nerve to shout/toot at me for being in her way as she cuts in on me as oncoming traffic speed onward. What is going through people's minds when they do this stuff, what amazing feats of mental gymnastics are required to rationalise that it is the cyclists fault for legitimate use of the road. Cretins.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Numpties were out in force this morning, I was close passed on a narrow and blind corner with oncoming traffic with a solid white line. 5 minutes later, an asshat in a stupidly oversized SUV overtakes on another blind bend with oncoming traffic and has the nerve to shout/toot at me for being in her way as she cuts in on me as oncoming traffic speed onward. What is going through people's minds when they do this stuff, what amazing feats of mental gymnastics are required to rationalise that it is the cyclists fault for legitimate use of the road. Cretins.

It is these incidents where the local Police actually send a NIP upon receipt of my camera footage.

They take action when the bad driver nearly misses a collision with an oncoming vehicle.

Where the driver narrowly misses a collision with just my flesh and bone on a close pass, the Police sometimes send out "words of advice" or tell me to "pull over without stopping to let the build up of waiting cars pass" which I really cannot understand.

Top Bottom