Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Serge

Über Member
I took the insoles out and stuffed my shoes with magazine pages .. might help !

Socks are still minging though :-(
Don't tell anyone at work, but I put my damp kit into the plate warmer for an hour. Works a treat!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Don't tell anyone at work, but I put my damp kit into the plate warmer for an hour. Works a treat!

A while ago I got a right wigging for leaving mine in the air-conditioned server room. It dried a treat but I didn't realise that dampness wasn't dumped outside the room.

13 rider

Guru
All the squaddies I work with swear by stuffing their shoes with newspaper. I've no idea whether it will work but, if it's the Daily Mail, it's better than reading it.
Yes it works ,normally do it home only had today's copy's of the daily mail to hand which I hadn't read yet :blush: I like the sports pages

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I am not used to rainy rides what is the quickest way to get your kit dry while at work?
Putting damp socks and shoes on at the end of the day was not very nice.
We have one of these at work in the locker room
dri_buddi_air_01.jpg

https://www.jmldirect.com/cleaning/...rge-capacity-line-dried-indoor-clothes-dryer/
(Knock-off Chinese copies are also available for less)

Serge

Über Member
Yes it works ,normally do it home only had today's copy's of the daily mail to hand which I hadn't read yet :blush: I like the sports pages
I did used to like the sports coverage myself until Patrick Collins started going full Daily Mail and his replacement, Martin Samuel, slowly morphed into Gary Bushell.

You can't fault the coverage in the Times though. Matthew Syed is a genius writer and Michael Atherton is unparalleled when it comes to cricket.

aferris2

Guru
Dry commute in today even though it was very humid. Roads seemed unusually quiet but we are coming up to a bank holiday and it's half term next week so that could explain it.
Came across Mr. Stoopid - Articulated lorry parked to off-load some turf. Trouble was he had chosen to stop right on the inside of a blind bend. Obviously aware that he was a hazard, he had helpfully switched on the yellow flashy lights on the rear of the trailer. I take to the other side of the road and hope that nothing is coming towards me because all I can see is the side of the trailer and the drivers door which is wide open. Once past (without incident) I had a quick look around but the driver was nowhere to be seen.

Some alternatives that would have made life easier and probably a lot safer:
  • Stop as little as one vehicle length further down on the straight part of the road.
  • Stop on the other side of the road to be visible to other road users before reaching the corner.
  • Stop on the side-road right next to the bend. It's the same width as the main road and is signed "No Through Road"
Just one of those instances where you wish you had a camera...

si_c

Guru
I am not used to rainy rides what is the quickest way to get your kit dry while at work?
Putting damp socks and shoes on at the end of the day was not very nice.

I ride home in the socks I wore during the day - that works for me. Also hang my clothes to dry, keep about an inch between them and no matter how damp they are dry by late afternoon even when the heating is off.

As for shoes, either on the radiator (winter) or stuff them with paper towels, and then change the towels at lunchtime. Never completely dry, but never uncomfortable.

When there are lots of wet days forecast, I keep a full change of clothes (including shoes) at work.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Use the Voodoo for today's commute and took in quite a few off road bits on a much extended run in and back. On one section coming home, it's quite narrow and the nettles are very high so I took my right hand off the bar to avoid them - didn't look at the bar when taking hold again and found out the painful way that some leaves had been ripped off and were wrapped around the grip. Where the mitts didn't cover, my fingers are still tingling 5 hours later!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Just beat the rain into work after watching a lightening show for 50 minutes on the way in. I was sure I was going to get wet.

I saw my third live hedgehog of the year.

Top Bottom