Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
First try of my 35t chainring on the single-speed this morning

Unfortunately, the Strava on my iPhone only recorded the start and finish points of my commute, so I have not comparison against the 34/14 ratio previously used.

I do hope we are not going to have that nonsense again for weeks, until an update fixes it

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Rainy commute # 32 for the year to date, for comparison, same period of time last year, only 10.
Total rainy commutes for 2017. 31.

Rainy, but not cold. Quite refreshing in fact.
And the train was empty of people which I out down to it being half term.

clf

Just beat the rain into work after watching a lightening show for 50 minutes on the way in. I was sure I was going to get wet.

I saw my third live hedgehog of the year.

I used to have a hedgehog living under my shed, it had a couple of babies 2 summers ago then disappeared, not seen it or any other hedgehog since. There's an owl that's moved into the park across the road, a right noisy bugger it is too, do they eat hedgehogs?

Decided to take a vintage steel bike this morning, as a short pre-Retro Ronde van Vlaanderen shakedown (the A127 cycle path makes Belgian cobbles look smooth)... of course the p-fairy struck!

clf

Very little headwind this morning, can't remember the last non windy ride. I've been eaten alive by something, in all the places my clothes rub :cursing:

BromyG

Veteran
Decided to take a vintage steel bike this morning, as a short pre-Retro Ronde van Vlaanderen shakedown (the A127 cycle path makes Belgian cobbles look smooth)... of course the p-fairy struck!

+1 the A127 cycle path is horrendous!

13 rider

Guru
Raced the rain this morning and won . Rolled out the door and the air was heavy and you now it's going to rain .First spits a mile away from work just starting as I pick up my paper . Get to work start changing and the heavens open good timing for change

rivers

How far can I go?
I was having a pleasant ride in today, until I was nearly at work. In the roundabout, about to come off and a car, who was stopped, proceeded to enter the roundabout, nearly taking me out. Good thing my brakes work

C R

Guru
That was one muggy ride today, I got to work as wet as if it had been raining. To top it up, as the road was quite muddy because of some roadworks, my carefully cleaned bike is now in need of a good couple of hours of attention again, gah :cry:.

straas

Matt
I'm increasingly disliking wet commutes, I think its a combination of:

- Wet metal grids everywhere
- Poorer braking ability
- generally lower standard of driving (more pulling out, speeding)
- wet mulch and mud everywhere

si_c

Guru
Yesterdays commute home was miserable. Pissing wet, and my extended commute takes me home along a path through a sheep field. Put all my clothes on to dry last night, and checked them this morning, my shorts have a horrible thick green sludge dried onto them.

Todays run in was uneventful aside from a headwind, felt like I was riding with my brake on.

Top Bottom