Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randombiker9

I decided to test the bike camera out. ( i mount it on my bike) and suprsingly not as many close passes on a narrow road i ussually cycle) I didn't capture any bad driving just someone opening door in my path but that's why you keep a doors width away.

Reactions: C R

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Anyone else have a horrendous wind today to contend with?

Ciar

Veteran
Nice weather shame about the wind, regardless which direction i am going it's in my face at the moment. killing my motivation to ride. getting to the point i would prefer winter :cold: at least then i accept the crappy weather!

Slick

Guru
Nice weather shame about the wind, regardless which direction i am going it's in my face at the moment. killing my motivation to ride. getting to the point i would prefer winter :cold: at least then i accept the crappy weather!
Can't give that a like as even in the wind it's still a lot more fun than the snow real wind and ice we had to deal with last winter.:sun::wahhey:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I was up with the lark this morning. Well 5am or there abouts. I was wide awake and it was a lovely morning so there was nothing for it but to forgo the bike/train/bike commute and cycle all the way in. A little windy for a lot of parts and a bit hilly too in places, including the very nice Star Hill climb at mile 20, but from then on it was mainly fast A road downhill riding. All in all, a thorough very enjoyable commute to work. What a fantastic start to the working day.

upload_2018-7-3_9-4-50.png

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I was up with the lark this morning. Well 5am or there abouts. I was wide awake and it was a lovely morning so there was nothing for it but to forgo the bike/train/bike commute and cycle all the way in. A little windy for a lot of parts and a bit hilly too in places, including the very nice Star Hill climb at mile 20, but from then on it was mainly fast A road downhill riding. All in all, a thorough very enjoyable commute to work. What a fantastic start to the working day.

View attachment 417476
Brilliant way to start the day !

I hope you can get a good cake or something as a reward :okay:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Brilliant way to start the day !

I hope you can get a good cake or something as a reward :okay:

It really is, especially in this weather.
No cake, a nice cuppa tea was suffice :okay:

Sixmile

Veteran
Shorter commute again for me this morning to work as I had planned to ride out to my first job of the day, a further 5 miles from work. Same as yesterday; park, ride at normal to work (7 miles), shower, change into slightly more respectable clothing and ride out much more slowly to site, so to produce as little sweat as possible. I find people are somewhat surprised and mildly amused that someone arrives by bike anywhere. A couple of hours later it was a pootle back to the office, via a café, to prepare for another such trip out tomorrow.

We currently have a very slight east wind which is handy as I also have a gentle climb eastwards on my inward commute. It's just enough to act like battery assistance...

Saturday is a late shift, so I'm going to make my first attempt to ride all the way to work instead of stopping at the tram stop on the edge of the valley. it's about four km from there to work and 200m+ downhill...

Top Bottom