Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cheys03

Veteran
Yebbut this is a particular smell, not just damp ordinary towel smell.
I don’t have the facility to leave it out to dry, unfortunately.
Is there an opportunity to be creative? e.g if you are a desk worker, can you string a washing line under the desk for example?

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Yebbut this is a particular smell, not just damp ordinary towel smell.
I don’t have the facility to leave it out to dry, unfortunately.

Trap it in the door it'll be good after 10 miles

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Pleasant 30 miles there and back yesterday (and this morning at 01:00).
Bit of a headwind and 31c going, 12c with a slight tailwind on the way home.

F5C02724-82C0-4358-85C7-E35835D6F18A.jpeg
Isham church, as it’s Sunday.

No numpties to mention in dispatches..

Tomorrows commute should be interesting. There is a large moorland fire on the other side of the road where I work. There are road closures and they are telling people to close their windows and not breathe in the smoke. I guess I will be coughing and wheezing up the big hill to work even more than usual!

PI1IGD9.jpg

g35p6TN.jpg

sEV1to0.jpg

Slick

Guru

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Shortest routes there and back today. 12.6 miles each way.

Only thing to report on was an excessively sticky back pack, and contents, as the remaining lime juice in my work bottle, that had inadvertently been left both open and upside down, had emptied itself all over everything.

:blush:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
First commute in 21/2 weeks and with the exception of last Wednesday, the first ride since then. Could have done without the slight headwind for the majority of the journey, which, if it stays blowing in the same direction, is going to make for a very warm journey home. I could also have done without the abuse from a Tarmac lorry driver's mate, for not riding in a cycle lane, (which is abruptly closed partway along its length with armadillos preventing an easy exit). But after 16 miles I was in no mood for a discussion at the set of traffic lights we were both stopped at, so my response was limited to two words and a hand gesture.:sad:

The advice from the police is not to go anywhere near it.

The side where I work is just smouldering, not that bad at all. The road is shut, but I do not use that road on the way to work.
Looking at the fire on this side, there is a lot of burnt vegetation, but very little smoke. My unit stinks of smoke though! Still it is an excuse to have all the doors open and soak up some sun!

rivers

How far can I go?
First commute back to work after a week off. Roads and B2B were quieter than normal this morning, which was odd. Maybe it's the heat? I took the winter bike in today as I'm borrowing an e-bike from work for a couple of days so my wife can have a proper test ride on one before committing to buying one. I forgot how much of a lump the winter bike can be with fully loaded panniers. I'm so used to my sublime at the minute. Anyway, the ride home should be interesting, as it will be on an electric bike that is slightly too big for me, but should be okay for the wife as she is 5'8". The two smaller framed bikes which would fit us both are currently out of service being repaired.

Sixmile

Veteran
First commute out of a possible 20 in July. I drove the first 10 miles because I was a little later up this morning and was unprepared. I rode 7 miles into work, got showered and changed, lifted my Surface Pro and headed back out on the bike again and rode 5 miles up to one of our sites. Even though I took it really easy, I was still roasted. Job done, 5 miles back and I think I'll take a slightly longer route back to the car in a few hours.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Today was my first commute in quite a while. The weather was perfect and it felt good leaving the house in the cool of the morning at 5.15am just after the sun had broken the horizon. Shorts and short sleeve top were plenty then and by the return trip after lunch it was back to the relentless heat of the last couple of weeks, coupled with enough breeze to make an unwelcome headwind.

C R

Guru
Today was my first commute in quite a while. The weather was perfect and it felt good leaving the house in the cool of the morning at 5.15am just after the sun had broken the horizon. Shorts and short sleeve top were plenty then and by the return trip after lunch it was back to the relentless heat of the last couple of weeks, coupled with enough breeze to make an unwelcome headwind.
Great to hear you are back on the bike commuting, shame that the weather is not helping.

Top Bottom