Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Anyone else have a horrendous wind today to contend with?
Since I went back to work on Wednesday, it's been breezy every morning, steadily increasing to b*stard strength by late afternoon - always from the north or north east, straight down the Suffolk coastline. Yesterday it was a constant 20+mph with 30+mph gusts. Today I was having to pedal hard downhill on the way in, but on the same section going the other way on the way home I was coasting uphill in top gear!

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Was hard work this morning, might have been down to this:

A5CEFC73-12E4-4ADF-9253-4E5F62A37055.jpeg

Attachments

• 7E4B7165-A217-48C3-8E5F-1D451A52FFE6.jpeg
    7E4B7165-A217-48C3-8E5F-1D451A52FFE6.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 31

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Ideal bicycle commuting weather here the last few days. After Monday morning's freezing cold commute (my GPS computer showed -2.2), the last few mornings have been about 8-10 and afternoons about 15.

markharry66

Über Member
On way in to work via bromley going down hill to shortlands lots of twists and turns where cars pull out on you.
Out corner of.the catch sight of white transit pulling out start to break and swear out of reaction white van decides to wait then pulls behind so I take central position. Van the now theres traffic island coming up its time to over take with mm to spare then shouts foff out the window only to win race to traffic lights which we both sat in.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Passed a bloke doing the walk of shame - gave him my last innertube :angel:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I have had loads of Halfords inners, never had a problem.
What was wrong with them?

He bought a multipack and every single one he had tried, had split along the valve seam. They were Presta valve type

Wasn't over or under-inflating, there were no sharp edges on the rims and the holes where the correct size

He kept them to take back.

I've had a batches do exactly the same from Halfords and from Wilkinsons too.

I have since swapped to more expensive slime tubes - which is what I gave him.

Should keep the PF away for a while :becool:

Top Bottom