Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
This morning was possibly my last 19.6 miles commute as hopefully I'll be moving home on Saturday.

And what will the new commute be?

saoirse50

Veteran
Was out on the bike for most of the day yesterday. Turned up for a job in Crystal Palace which was cancelled due to the pouring rain. Should have realised that was a possibility, but actually enjoyed the cool rain on the way there and once cancellation text read, had a bit of a ride around the park. Was on this old Giant ATX 770 so just romped up and down the hilly bits. Later on I was delivering stuff with the cargotrike. Trundling on that through a massive thunderstorm later that evening was quite exciting. Think I got wet, dried out, got wet dried out about three times.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Was out on the bike for most of the day yesterday. Turned up for a job in Crystal Palace which was cancelled due to the pouring rain. Should have realised that was a possibility, but actually enjoyed the cool rain on the way there and once cancellation text read, had a bit of a ride around the park. Was on this old Giant ATX 770 so just romped up and down the hilly bits. Later on I was delivering stuff with the cargotrike. Trundling on that through a massive thunderstorm later that evening was quite exciting. Think I got wet, dried out, got wet dried out about three times.

I really enjoyed the cycle home last night too. Some fantastically flooded roads and large puddle to steam through. ^_^

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'll be going back to my normal 12.4 miles each way.

Minimum :okay:

clippetydoodah

Proper soaking this morning. It was ok when I set off, but then became
torrential rain. I managed to drop my shades too. On the plus side I had the
wind behind me all the way.

The only incident was an HGV on a country lane. The driver started flashing me
as I approached. No signs of danger nothing wrong, lots of room. As I rode past him
he shouted something. I stopped to see what he wanted and he called me an
arrogant B&*(ard. I think he wanted me to pull over to let him through.

On another note my bike seems to be pulling to one side, like it's being dragged.
Can't find anything lose or broken looking, and breaks aren't stuck on. Any ideas?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A wet commute home here as well, but at least the rain had eased off from what we'd had for most of the day. Is it wrong to enjoy cycling in 'warm' rain?
This doesn't mean I want to do it for the rest of the week FFS...

Of my last 4 homeward commutes, three have been thunderstorm, very wet and cloudburst in that order!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Back from my hols now.. :sad:

Metal box for the first shift as I had too much stuff to carry in, but on the commute today (yesterday now).
Easy 12.5 in, with a pleasant tailwind most of the time, but I was expecting a soaking on the way back, and had prepared for the worst :rain:

On my drive back from Cromer, it was lashing it down. When I finished w*rk, it was lashing it down. When I got to the bike shed, it stopped raining. When I got home, it started lashing it down as I was locking the bike in the shed! :becool:
The wettest I got was because I chose the mudguardless road bike instead of the weatherproofed CX.

There is a (commuting) god!!

dhd.evans

Veteran
Had a very close pass going up hill whilst overtaking parked cars - talking inches here. I wanted to have a word with the driver whom I caught up to at the next set of lights. Asked the driver to wind down the window and I gave the pillock a dressing down about distance, safety and having been captured on camera.

Only thing was it was the wrong car.

Many many apologies sheepishly issued, thanking the driver for understanding and many more apologies :blush: D'oh!

Top Bottom