Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Little sleep on Monday night and almost every mile home yesterday into the wind, was reflected in my legs this morning.
This morning I came across an unusual phenomena, at least for Salford: a courteous private hire driver. A delay of few seconds usually seems to result in some display of frustration, but not this driver. It quite took me by surprise.

The mornings are getting noticeably darker and I have had lights on for the first five miles or so this week.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I know, I know... I need to take my pills in the morning i think!

Or just get on with your commute.
Get rid of the camera. You will enjoy your commute much more.

Tin Pot

Guru
47km +655m

The view from Braested and Ide Hill this morning:

368C27C7-6EE6-4B2B-B1FD-C28593E0BB81.jpeg
CD1C8C42-99F5-4F0C-ABF0-82ECB0E11C05.jpeg
FF2FCD80-6344-4F91-A140-43972C5C2AE2.jpeg

Met Mr V Angry who decided to overtake in his ‘hot hatch’ when I was indicating right. Somewhat shocked I said ‘F***ing hell’. He screeches to a halt and gets out with a how dare I swear in front of his child.

His face was contorted with anger as I pointed out his error and invited him to get back in his car and drive off carefully.

This caused him to suggest he would come and give me something to be scared of! His partner convinced him to get back in and off he went.

Sadly no camera on the folder but index taken and reported to Op Crackdown.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Or just get on with your commute.
Get rid of the camera. You will enjoy your commute much more.

@dhd.evans. This ^^^

They're are just to many nobbers out there and even if they do get a talking to how many will change. Factor in that many may not be malicious but mistakes we could all make

Keep your wits about you and let it go. There are many times I've been angry with drivers but I don't brood on it.

Don't stress yourself out it'll probably do you more harm than the bad driving.

rivers

How far can I go?
I might have to change my commute slightly. There have been several reports over the past few days of cyclists being attacked by a large group of teenage lads on the B2B. Some have managed to get away, but at least one bloke wasn't so lucky and his bike was nicked... They don't seem to care if it's the evening rush or late at night either.

Serge

Über Member
I might have to change my commute slightly. There have been several reports over the past few days of cyclists being attacked by a large group of teenage lads on the B2B. Some have managed to get away, but at least one bloke wasn't so lucky and his bike was nicked... They don't seem to care if it's the evening rush or late at night either.
I don't blame you, no point unnecessarily risking your safety.

I've read reports of similar things happening in the Manchester area but nothing in your neck of the woods.

Tin Pot

Guru
And th commute home, 46km +670m

Had a massive coach pass me on the country lanes and then immediately hold me up for the next twenty as it struggled with even the most gentle of bends in the road :rolleyes:. An hour later, the same thing with a Mini braking hard every time there was a glimpse of another vehicle :rolleyes:.

Minor irritations though :laugh:

Around Braested:

740AD00D-485D-4FBA-A6A6-C98AB993DA0D.jpeg
3FB6714F-D791-411C-86FC-1367E790E71C.jpeg
22A66C4A-1324-453C-83DE-25A123DB8BD8.jpeg

Serge

Über Member

Lonestar

Veteran
Met Mr V Angry who decided to overtake in his ‘hot hatch’ when I was indicating right. Somewhat shocked I said ‘F***ing hell’. He screeches to a halt and gets out with a how dare I swear in front of his child.

His face was contorted with anger as I pointed out his error and invited him to get back in his car and drive off carefully.

This caused him to suggest he would come and give me something to be scared of! His partner convinced him to get back in and off he went.

Sadly no camera on the folder but index taken and reported to Op Crackdown.

So you swore in front of his child so he decides to act like a road raging thug.Shocking...I'm pretty sure I swear at times and I'm pretty sure it's not due to good driving.

Actually good driving gets a thumbs up from me.:okay:

Sixmile

Veteran
Called by into the builders merchants on way in to work to pick up some grip fill. Cue a few strange looks and I wasn't even in lycra!

A couple of miles later, I bump into a fella from work who's riding in too. Out of a few hundred people, there are 4* of us who ride in.

*One is an electric bike so not sure if he counts. :tongue:

Top Bottom