Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

humboldt

He came close to giving you a whack with his back end with the way he moved across you which was thoughtless but seems he was actually going straight on so I'm not convinced he needed to give a signal?

dhd.evans

Veteran
He came close to giving you a whack with his back end with the way he moved across you which was thoughtless but seems he was actually going straight on so I'm not convinced he needed to give a signal?

That's what i thought until i caught up and then he said he'd been trying to turn left into the shops!

C R

Guru
Getting into the car park of the estate where I work I was following a BMW. She went into a parking space to the right, where I thought she was going to park, but immediately reversed across the path without looking, to park in the space to the left. Luckily my brakes are good, and I was going quite slow. I don't think she even noticed she had nearly flattened me. Have emailed site management asking them to remind people to look where they are going.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's what i thought until i caught up and then he said he'd been trying to turn left into the shops!

Being honest with you. I wouldn't have put myself in the position you found yourself in.
I would have tucked in behind the van.
This doesn't excuse the fact he didn't indicate, but it looks like you were in his blind spot.

humboldt

Oh is that what he's saying? My work PC speakers are terrible. Then yes, if he wanted to stop there he should have indicated once he'd got across the junction, but you probably would have had the same situation since he didn't seem to see you anyway.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
For the last two weeks, I have been behind a fellow commuter, riding a full suspension MTB.

We both use a soft verge on a very busy road, and filter out into traffic shortly before it ends, short of a roundabout.

I have a mirror that I use to wait for a gap, before I pull out into trafiic. However, this bloke has none and doesn't even look before he pulls out.

I fear for this guy's safety

jahlive905

Absolute prick of a driver on my way up Jamaica Road this morning. The lights are green, I'm in the bike lane, he's in the right hand lane. No-one's in the left lane.

upload_2018-8-2_11-11-20.png

I'm going straight, he decides to indicate right at the last moment and turns into the junction and I miss him by a whisker. Good thing I changed my brake pads last night. I might have dropped the c-bomb. A bit ashamed in case there were any kids about. Sorry.

clippetydoodah

first commute for 10 days. Pretty quiet. However I am becoming increasingly more
annoyed by dog walkers with extending, or no leads. They seem to either have little or
no control over their dogs, and if they are on a lead it's right across the entire path.
I might just start taking a pair of scissors with me, snip and run.

That's what I thought he was intending to do. Technically you were more right and he 'doesnae know what he's talking about' but you would have been the one hurt if he followed through (thankfully he saw you and didn't). If you expect muppets to pull in/out of things like shops/ petrol stations it makes life easier IMO and faster for you.

C R

Guru
Just about half a mile before I get home there is a stretch of straight road with a 40 speed limit finishing at a roundabout. This road is used as a rat run, and is busy at rush hour. Before the roundabout there is a Nursery on the right.

On the way home last night moron no 1 overtook me about 100m from the entrance to the nursery, and immediately indicated right to turn into the nursery. As there were cars coming the other way they had to stop in the lane to wait for a gap in the traffic. As I started slowing down moron no 2 starts to overtake me, and then suddenly realises that moron no is stopped waiting. I had half expected this to happen, so had reduced speed and moron no 2 managed to get back to the lane without hitting me or being hit by the oncoming traffic. Luckily for them moron no 1 managed to move across by now and they didn't hit them either.

Nothing happened, but it could have been quite serious, and all for the sake of saving a few seconds.

Tin Pot

Guru
I bailed on the bike from tiredness, and having sat through this heat I’m glad I did. I am sweltering. Roads were pretty empty this morning (car).

Top Bottom