Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pretty cool here in Bradford, don't envy you guys in the SE. Cool ride in. Wish I brought the panniers equipped commuter instead of the road racing bike, because it's going to heat up this afternoon and sweaty back will kick in!

Lonestar

Veteran
Too tired from getting up early and long days over the last two and the heat...Then the chain came off at Limehouse...Got to Canning town and realised both pedal cranks had come loose....Luckily I had an allen key to tighten them up and it got me home.Not sure tomorrow now as the other fixie needs a tyre change so it may be the Audax for tomorrows commute...It may be too risky using fixie two till I have checked it over fully.

I've also done six hours on the turbo over the last 6 days and I do not feel fresh.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

I am just tired of this kind of driving and attitude now.

Zen mate, Zen. Ignore and get on and enjoy your commute.

Sixmile

Veteran
We're staying at the in-laws still so alarm went off this morning, had my cycle gear left out last night to get straight into and on the road. Sneaked outside, put on my spd-sl shoes, went into the garage and road bike wasn't there. I had forgotten I had left it at my house last week. So back into the house, slight change of shorts and a top change to get onto the hybrid but... my spd shoes are in my house 7 miles away. Therefore I had to ride the first 7 miles in trainers until I got to my own house but all worked out in the end! First ride (and commute) since last Tuesday due to feeling rough and needing the car a few days. The rest has obviously done me good, I felt good and legs were pushing along rightly.

si_c

Guru
Lovely morning today, but the I latted on the way in to work. No problem as left earlier today so plenty of time. Tube out, small hole, checked tire, nothing there so in - out puncture. Patched it rather than throw in another tube, pumped up and put the wheel back in. 20 yds further on the tyre started going again. Same, this time a small hole on the inside of the tire by the valve, so I must have left something inside. Again patched and pumped up.

Got to work, and the rear is going soft again, so I need to pull the wheel off at lunchtime and double check everything.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Very pleasant ride in this morning, with more than usual other cyclists around.
Iron Maiden concert tonight, so leaving work earlier, with hopefully quieter roads.

Top Bottom